Flashcards in Study guide 14, 15 Deck (29):
1. Which component organizes in times functions?
2. Which component excites the crystal?
Pulser (JL pg 217)
3. Choose the area on TGC where attenuation is occurring?
In the region of the slope, compensation corrects for the effects of increasing attenuation
4. What creates the pattern for phased array firing?
5. Make sure you know the functions of the receiver?
*Reject- Yes it is adjustable, Only weak signals affected; strong signals remain unchanged, Week echoes appear or are eliminated from image
6. Who decides the acoustic power of the sound beam ?
voltage (question 5 pg 237)
7. In regards the pulser which form has the electrical signal and sine wave ?
Continuous Wave (JL p236 Q: 2)
8. Know what can improve the signal and noise ratio (higher)?
Output power improves or degrades signal and noise ratio
9. If an image is to dark or to bright what are your options/what tools may you use to improve the image?
Amplification or output power
10. Another receiver question/know about reflector depth which receiver function can change that ?
PRP (pulse repetition period)
11. Know about PRP and PRF?
They are inversely related. Shallow imaging- Shorter listening time, shorter PRP, Higher PRF Deep Imaging- Longer listening time, longer PRP, lower PRF
12. Know the components about an U/S system
pg 216 Transducer, pulser/beam former, receiver,display,storage,and master synchronizer
13. Know which choices to use when you have to much brightness on your image which would be a better choice-
Amplification is the better choice due to bioeffects and ALARA
14. Which function effects the strength of every signal?
15. Know the dis advangtes of analog scan converter?
Image fade, Image flicker, Instability, Deterioration
16. As well as the advantages of a digital scan converter?
Uniformity, Stability, Durability, Speed, Accuracy
17. You need to know what is responsible for the gray scale imaging?
Analog Scan converter
18. Questions of shade of gray and bits know how to convert those
2 ^number of bits (JL pg 246)
19. Uses old data
Larger pixel size
Same # of pixels as in the original ROI
Unchanged spatial resolution
Unchanged temporal resoltuion
19. Acquires new data
Identical pixel size
More pixels than in the original ROI
Improved spatial resolution
May improve temporal resolution
20. Know the functions that are Preprocessing
Manipulation of image data before storage in the scan converter. Alters the image data forever and cannot be reversed or undone.
20. Function of Postprocessing
Manipulation of image data after storage in the scan converter. The changes can be reversed, Any alteration to a frozen image.
Time gain compensation
Any change after freeze frame
Yes it is adjustable, All signals treated identically, Entire image gets brighter or darker
Yes it is adjustable, Signals treated differently based on reflector depth, Image will be uniformly bright from top to bottom
Yes it is adjustable, Signals treated differently depending on strength, Changes gray scale mapping
No it isn’t adjustable, Prepared electrical signals to be suitable for display, No effect on the image