Flashcards in TEST 61-80 Deck (20)
Question No : 61 - A server administrator is implementing disk redundancy in all database servers. Which of the following RAID configurations should the administrator use so that a MINIMUM number
of disks are required?
• A. RAID 0
• B. RAID 1
• C. RAID 5
• D. RAID 6
B. RAID 1
Question No : 62 - A technician is tasked to build a server requiring the fastest possible performance. Which of the following would achieve this requirement?
• A. 10,000 RPM SATA
• B. 15,000 RPM SAS
• C. SSD
• D. USB
Question No : 63 - An administrator has been tasked with consolidating six individual servers into one blade
enclosure. The administrator completed the task successfully. A week later, all of the Blades would not boot properly. Which of the following would MOST likely be causing this issue?
• A. The blade servers are faulty.
• B. The network module on the blade enclosure is faulty.
• C. The backplane of the enclosure is faulty.
• D. The management modules in the enclosure are faulty.
C. The backplane of the enclosure is faulty.
Question No : 64 - Which of the following protocols is used primarily for monitoring and managing network
• A. SNMP
• B. SMTP
• C. FTPS
• D. NTP
Question No : 65 - An administrator sees a message in the system console that a drive is bad in the single-
volume JBOD storage array. A few minutes later, a user calls the help desktop report an inability to read a file from a mapped drive. Which of the following should
The administrator do?
• A. Swap out the failed drive and let the array rebuild.
• B. Allow the array rebuild automatically using the hot spare.
• C. Replace the failed drive and restore the data from the last backup.
• D. Reseat the failed drive and restore the array using the parity drive.
C. Replace the failed drive and restore the data from the last backup.
Question No : 66 - The logs on a server in a datacenter indicate that the server unexpectedly shut down
minutes after the night cleaning crew started their shift. Which of the following is the MOST likely reason for the shut down?
• A. A hard disk on the server failed.
• B. A power surge occurred.
• C. The CPU on the server overheated.
• D. A memory module on the server failed.
B. A power surge occurred.
Question No : 67 - Which of the following is a benefit of utilizing a type 2 hypervisor to manage guests?
• A. The administration of the guest OS is significantly less complex.
• B. There is reduced resource overhead since there is no OS layer.
• C. A type 2 hypervisor offers increased performance over a type 1 hypervisor.
• D. There is increased hardware support since there is an OS layer.
D. There is increased hardware support since there is an OS layer.
Question No : 68 - An administrator has been tasked with making recommendations for purchasing new disks for a low I/O file server. Keeping in mind that budget and capacity are the primary concerns, which the following disk types should the administrator recommend?
• A. SATA
• B. FC
• C. SCSI
• D. SAS
Question No : 69 - A system administrator is tasked with dividing the network so that each department is
separate from the other. Which of the following should be used to accomplish this task?
• A. VLAN
• B. VPN
• C. VNC
• D. VM
Question No : 70 - A technician would like to restrict when internal hardware components on the server are
accessed. Which of the following server hardening techniques should the technician implement?
• A. Intrusion detection
• B. BIOS password
• C. Chassis lock
• D. Disable WOL
C. Chassis lock
Question No : 71 - A blade server indicates it has a failed hard disk in Slot 0. This is the third instance of Slot 0 disk failure in three months. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of the failed
hard disk in Slot 0?
• A. Host bus adapter
• B. Backplane
• C. Network interface card
• D. Central Processing Unit
Question No : 72 - A server administrator is creating a design for a new datacenter. The servers should be
configured for maximum availability and also provide caching for user information requests. Which of the following techniques should be used?
• A. Active/Passive
• B. Round robin
• C. Heartbeat
• D. Active/Active
• E. Passive/Passive
Question No : 73 - Users on a network segment report that they are unable to connect to a newly installed file
server. The file server IP address settings are as follows:
IP address: 10.0.10.254
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 10.10.10.1
Which of the following changes should the server administrator make?
• A. Change the IP address on the server to 10.10.0.254.
• B. Change the IP address on the server to 10.10.10.254.
• C. Change the default gateway on the server to 10.10.10.254.
• D. Change the subnet mask on the server to 255.255.0.0.
B. Change the IP address on the server to 10.10.10.254.
Question No : 74 - A company is being audited by its operating system vendor. The company needs to report
the number of operating systems in use, the versions of the operating systems, and the product keys. Which of the following will be MOST helpful in passing the audit?
• A. Asset management documentation
• B. Change management logs
• C. Service manuals
• D. Server baselines
A. Asset management documentation
Question No : 75 - A technician has finished installing the operating system on a new server and needs to
provide IP addressing information. The server will be connected to the DMZ network. Devices on the network use a default gateway address of 192.168.55.1. Which of the following is a valid IP address for a server in the DMZ network?
• A. IP: 192.168.55.1, NETMASK 255.255.255.0
• B. IP: 192.168.55.5, NETMASK 255.255.255.128
• C. IP: 192.168.55.155, NETMASK 255.255.255.128
• D. IP: 192.168.55.255, NETMASK 255.255.255.0
B. IP: 192.168.55.5, NETMASK 255.255.255.128
Question No : 76 - A database server stops responding to requests, and the administrator suspects that the
server is experiencing memory faults during heavy network traffic and database access. Which of the following is the FIRST troubleshooting step?
• A. Check the security log.
• B. Check the application logs.
• C. Check the debug report.
• D. Check the POST error log.
B. Check the application logs.
Question No : 77 - Which of the following services provides users with directory services?
• A. IMAP
• B. LDAP
• C. SFTP
• D. DHCP
• E. DNS
Question No : 78 - Which of the following is an example of the principle of least privilege and is the MOST
secure when granting access to a shared network drive used by the Accounting department?
• A. Grant appropriate permissions to only users in the Accounting department for both the share and NTFS
• B. Grant all users full control permissions for the share only
• C. Grant the Accounting department full control for the share and appropriate NTFS permissions
• D. Grant modify permissions to the Accounting department and deny NTFS permissions to all other users
A. Grant appropriate permissions to only users in the Accounting department for both the share and NTFS
Question No : 79 - Users in the accounting department report that they are unable to access a shared network
drive used by all departments. Upon troubleshooting, a technician determines that three users in the marketing department, two in sales, five in human resources, and ten in IT are all successfully accessing the shared network drive. Which of the following is MOST likely
causing the issue?
• A. Corrupt user profiles
• B. Incorrect NTFS group permissions
• C. The share is unsecured
• D. Excessive page filing on server
B. Incorrect NTFS group permissions