Flashcards in TEST 81-100 Deck (20)
Question No : 81 -
A technician is working on a server that is experiencing network connectivity issues. The technician replaces the NIC on the server, but this does not resolve the issue. Which of the following troubleshooting steps should the technician do NEXT?
• A. Establish a new theory of probable cause
• B. Perform a root cause analysis
• C. Document findings, actions, and outcomes
• D. Identify additional changes to the server
A. Establish a new theory of probable cause
Question No : 82 -
An administrator was tasked to enforce disk quotas on the Windows file server. The Administrator allocated 1GB of space to each user. A month later, the users were still able to save beyond 1GB. Which of the following check boxes should have been selected?
• A. Enable compression
• B. Prohibit read/write if limit is reached
• C. Deny access if limit is reached
• D. Log an event if disk space is reached
C. Deny access if limit is reached
Question No : 83 -
A new DHCP server is placed on a network segment during off hours. When work resumes, users on a different network segment report connectivity issues. Users on the same network segment report no connectivity issues. Which of the following is the MOST
likely reason for the connectivity issues?
• A. The DHCP server was configured without specifying a WINS server address for the users.
• B. The DHCP server was configured without specifying a DNS server address for the users.
• C. The DHCP relay agent was not configured on the adjacent network segment.
• D. The DHCP server was configured to use private IP addressing to all network segments.
C. The DHCP relay agent was not configured on the adjacent network segment.
Question No : 84 -
A server is giving a fault code indicating that a RAM chip is producing errors and should be
replaced. According to best practices, which of the following is the proper sequence of steps to replace the faulty module?
• A. Attach ESD protection, open server case, replace module, close server case, baseline configuration
• B. Open server case, baseline configuration, attach ESD protection, replace module, close server case
• C. Attach ESD protection, baseline configuration, open server case, replace module, close server case
• D. Open server case, replace module, attach ESD protection, close server case, baseline configuration
A. Attach ESD protection, open server case, replace module, close server case, baseline configuration
Question No : 85 -
A company has hired a consultant to review the production storage infrastructure and provide suggestions on improving performance. The consultant has identified a bottleneck in the production switching fabric and successfully tested the solution in a lab environment. Which of the following should the consultant perform NEXT, according to best practices?
• A. Implement the solution in production since it was tested in the lab.
• B. Establish a plan of action to implement the solution in production.
• C. Perform a root cause analysis of what caused the bottleneck.
• D. Establish a theory describing the possible issue in the production network.
B. Establish a plan of action to implement the solution in production.
Question No : 86 -
An administrator needs to perform a backup of all servers for an upcoming disaster recovery exercise at a company cold site. Which of the following types of backup should be performed?
• A. Snapshot
• B. Incremental
• C. Differential
• D. Full
Question No : 87 -
A system administrator has just performed a backup. Which of the following should the administrator perform to easily identify the backup tape?
• A. Label the tape
• B. Mount the tape in the drive
• C. Place the tape in the rack
• D. Update the site log
A. Label the tape
Question No : 88 -
An administrator needs to control servers locally via a console. The administrator wants a rack mounted solution for easy access. Which of the following should be installed?
• A. iDRAC
• B. KVM
• C. ILO
• D. RDP
Question No : 89 -
Which of the following is the height of 1U of space in a server rack?
• A. 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)
• B. 1.75 inches (4.4 cm)
• C. 2 inches (5.1 cm)
• D. 3 inches (7.6 cm)
B. 1.75 inches (4.4 cm)
Question No : 90 -
A mission critical server has faulted with a dead 66 MHz 3.3V PCI-X network interface card. The system administrator has been directed to get the server functional as soon as possible, even if it is connected with less bandwidth. There are no onsite spare cards
available and the vendor does not expect to have the parts for at least a week. Which of the following immediately available NICs could be substituted instead?
• A. 33 MHz 3.3V PCI
• B. 66 MHz 5V PCI
• C. 266 MHzx 3.3V PCI-X
• D. 533 MHz 5V PCI-X
A. 33 MHz 3.3V PCI
Question No : 91 -
A host server in a small business environment does not have virtual switching configured. The NIC on a guest is configured with an IP address that is on a different subnet from The host server. Which of the following would MOST likely happen in this case?
• A. The guest will not have network access to the host or network resources.
• B. The guest would have access to all network resources.
• C. The guest would have network access to everything but the host.
• D. The guest will have network access to the host server.
A. The guest will not have network access to the host or network resources.
Question No : 92 -
A company is planning to replace old hardware and needs to budget accordingly. Which of the following is likely to contain a list of end of life servers?
• A. The server's warranty information.
• B. The server's life cycle schedule.
• C. The asset management database.
• D. The software licensing agreement.
The asset management database.
Question No : 93 -
A customer reports that connectivity to their web server has been sporadic throughout the morning. An administrator has applied OS patches periodically throughout the morning and rebooted the server. Which of the following has the administrator MOST likely violated?
• A. Service level agreement
• B. Mean time before failure
• C. Mean time to repair
• D. Request for proposal
A. Service level agreement
Question No : 94 -
A technician is troubleshooting an issue with a new server, which is unable to download OS patches from the Internet. The technician reviews the following configuration:
Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : comptia.org
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . : fe80::c95:3f59:1a01:c050%11
IPv4 Address . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.20
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.128
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.129
Which of the following is the reason that the server is unable to connect to the Internet?
• A. Incorrect default gateway
• B. Invalid IPv6 address
• C. Wrong subnet mask
• D. Misconfigured DNS suffix
A. Incorrect default gateway
Question No : 95 -
In authentication, which of the following represents something you have?
• A. Password
• B. Fingerprint
• C. Token
• D. PIN
Question No : 96 -
A technician is tasked with creating a test system containing non-critical data. The technician has limited hardware, but needs maximum performance. Which of the following RAID levels should the technician use?
• A. 0
• B. 1
• C. 5
• D. 10
Question No : 97 -
Which of the following allows virtual machines to share the NIC of the host?
• A. Virtual LANs
• B. NAT
• C. Bridging
• D. Virtual NICs
Question No : 98 -
Which of the following server types stores the list of network usernames and passwords required for authentication?
• A. File server
• B. Directory
• C. DHCP
• D. SNMP
Question No : 99 -
Which of the following provides two-factor authentication?
• A. Bank card and PIN.
• B. Username and password.
• C. Fingerprint and iris scan.
• D. Key and proximity badge.
A. Bank card and PIN.