Flashcards in Uworld - GU Deck (5)
Most common cause of urinary tract obstruction?
Posterior urethral valves
Tetrad of HSP?
3. Abdominal pain
4. Renal disease – IGA deposition
Child under 24 months with the first febrile UTI – appropriate follow-up?
Renal/bladder ultrasound to evaluate for anatomic abnormalities
Indications for renal/bladder ultrasound?
1. Infants under 24 months with the first febrile UTI
2. Recurrent febrile UTIs children
3. UTI and child with family history of renal/urologic disease, hypertension, poor growth
4. No response to anabiotic treatment