Flashcards in Context And Development Deck (16):
• is an early literary work which becomes a basis or source for a later work.
Example: noli me tangere- hypotext
El filibusterismo- continuation
•not à duplicated work-certain relations to a different work.
•is a reading material that succeeds an earlier written predecessor
• other author write another piece work as a response.
• starting point idea blossoms to a diff. Idea.
Examples: beauty and the beast - the tigers bride.
New meaning given to a text which was shaped to another text.
• relations and connection s of a text
•.texts came from an inspiration from previous data.
1) parody-makes light of a situation.
2) imitation- work in the same likeness
3) pastiche- same as parody ,pays respect to the original.
4) transposition- change order
5) continuation- sequel
Forms of intertext
- pertains to the sequencing links.
> context that surrounds a text b4 it is even made.
- single reference
• indicated the reference within the work
• optional reading
• accidental reqding
Kinds of relationship that exist between text that can be classified into 3types.
You are obliged to read another work before you can fully comprehend the current work.
• you link a text to another
• the text might have a slight connection to another thing
You might see a connection from a deed or act from previous experience
Using another authors work to create a new text with the same idea,
Is considered as literary the for it involves copying some portions from a work of another author without due acknowledgement