Flashcards in NAVY RESERVE OFFICER TRAINING CORPS (NROTC) (1533.4B) Deck (19):
1. What is the time frame that the NROTC website is open for applications?
Begins 1 April and ends 31 January.
2. When is the best time for a student to apply for an NROTC scholarship?
Between their Junior and Senior years of high school.
3. What does ISR mean?
Immediate Scholarship Reservation
4. What are the minimum requirements for an ISR applicant?
Must be in the top 20% of their class, minimum composite score of 1230 on the SAT with a 600 in Math or minimum composite score of a 54 on the ACT with a 26 in Math.
5. Who grants ISRs?
6. What is the purpose of the ISR?
Gives the CO the capability to attack hard to penetrate markets, schools with limited support but possess the highly qualified applicants and the ability to gain a highly qualified candidate that would otherwise be lost to another services scholarship program.
7. What are the requirements for an NROTC scholarship?
Be a US citizen, 17 yrs. old by September 1st of that year, less than 23 yrs. old by June 30th of that year, must have not reached their 27th birthday by June 30th of the year of which college graduation and commissioning are anticipated, High School Graduate, clean moral background and must not have more than 30 Semester Hours or 45 Quarter Hours of college.
8. What age requirements must Prior Service applicants meet?
Applicants who have prior active duty military service may be eligible for age adjustments for the amount of time equal to their prior service on a month for month basis, for a maximum of 36 months provided they do not reach their 30th birthday by June 30th of the year in which graduation and commissioning are anticipated.
9. What is the service obligation for applicants that elect an NROTC scholarship?
A Military Service Obligation (MSO) of 8 years, with 5 to be served on Active Duty.
10. How many college options must the applicant list on the online application?
11. Can an active duty Navy member apply for the NROTC scholarship via CNRC?
12. Can an Other Service Active Duty member apply for the NROTC scholarship?
Yes. They must obtain a conditional release (DD-368)
13. Can we ship an NROTC applicant to RTC who has not received a Final Selection result?
14. If a Midshipman drops out of the NROTC program after the 1st day of their sophomore year of college, what must they do to be in good standings with the US Government?
They must serve 2 years of Active Enlisted Duty or pay back all the money owed
15. What are the minimum ACT/SAT scores required for the NROTC scholarship?
ACT – 22 English and 21 Math. SAT – 530 Reading and 520 Math.
16. What scores consider a candidate Highly Qualified?
ACT – 49 SAT – 1150
17. What other ways are there for an applicant to qualify for the NROTC scholarship if they do not meet the minimum ACT/SAT scores?
Must be in the top 10% of their graduating class.
18. Can the CO grant a Nurse option ISR?