Flashcards in Notes from Reading Deck (118)
What is the range for dry chemical extinguisher?
- liquids: 6-8'
- acids: 2-3'
What is the rating of the dry chem extinguisher used on Lafd?
* above means capable of extinguishing a 20 square foot deep layer class B fire, and is safe for use on fires involving energized electrical equipment
How many pounds of sodium bicarbonate in dry chem extinguisher used on Lafd?
- 20 pounds
What is the pressure setting on dry chem extinguisher used on Lafd?
- 165 psi
* most effective 125-175 psi
Dry chem cone fan degree?
Junior System Facts
- not over 3-4 sprinklers
- light hazard occupancies
- connected to service water supply with 1" brass pipe and electric flow alarm
-* No FD connection or drain valve
- 3/4"-1" copper tubing
- 1/4"-3/8" sprinklers
- sprinklers discharge 1/2 amount water as standard 1" sprinkler
- identified with pintle extending beyond center of the deflector.
For every 2 pounds under recommended tire pressure, you lose _ in fuel economy.
What is the most important fuel saver?
- Driver attitude (60%)
What is net pressure?
- pressure actually produced by the pump.
How do you find net pressure when being supplied by a hydrant?
- Pump discharge pressure - incoming hydrant pressure
How do you find net pressure when drafting?
- Pump discharge pressure + suction pressure + friction loss in hose
When drafting strainer should be _ below water surface and in at least depths of _ of water.
- 2' (prevent "eddys")
- 6% concentrate to 94% water OR 1 gallon of concentrate to 16 gallons of water
Chainsaw brake engages _ second
For chainsaw inspect chain sprocket for grooves exceeding _ in depth.
During extensive operations, how often should chain tension be checked?
- Every 5 min
Who is contacted when overhaul piles are left on public ways?
- Street maintenane
Phenyl Magnesium Bromide
will explode when in contact with water.
Order in which straps of KED are put on patient?
- Chest, Legs, Head
All resources shall maintain a minimum of _ size(s) of each BVM.
* However each ALS resource shall have following:
- 5 Adult
- 3 Peds
- 2 Infant
How long can a head of a snake after being cut off, still inject venom?
- 1 hour
How far down do you bury a head of a snake?
- 24" (2 feet)
Which extinguisher on apparatus best immobilizes a snake?
Two ways single station smoke detectors detect products of combustion?
- photoelectric: beam of light *
- Ionization: radioactive material/electric current
Rotary Saw spark plug gap?
- .020" (only one mentioned in updated TB)
Name of identification/MSDS sheet for trains?
*found at caboose of train or with conductor.
To notify a train to stop how far out in either direction do you put flares on track?
- 1 1/2 miles in both directions
A fully sprinklered building must have sprinklers installed above and beneath any one of these?
* 33 1/2% of floor = another story also 7' in height.
If questions in regards to mezzanines, which section in FPB should be contacted?
- North industrial and Commercial Section