Flashcards in Other Drugs Deck (7)
What is the MOA of Fosfomycin?
- Inhibits early cell wall synthesis
How is Fosfomycin eliminated?
- Breast milk
How is Fosfomycin administered?
* Delayed by food (2 hours before)(3 hours after)
What spectrum is Fosfomycin and what is it used to treat?
- Broad (Gram +ve and Gram -ve)
- Synergistic with B lactams, aminoglycosides and quinolones
- UTI in women/girls older than 5 years (single dose)
- Prophylaxis: diagnostic and transurethral procedures in men
What are the side effects of Fosfomycin?
- GIT issues, skin rashes
What drug interactions occur with Fosfomycin?
- Metoclopramide (decreases concentration)