Flashcards in Textbook Chapter 1 Deck (2)
Explain how the purpose of a methods course differs from other courses in the psychology curriculum.
- Research methods are at the core of the psychology curriculum
- Provides the foundation for doing research in psychology
- Serves as a basis for understanding other content courses in psychology
- Develops Critical Thinking about research,
- Essential for admission to postgraduate courses
- Teaches scientific thinking.
Identify and evaluate non-scientific ways of knowing about things in the world — through authority, reasoning and experience