Flashcards in UFP C/IED Deck (51)
what are the 3 D's?
Distance, Direction, Description
17. What are the three common discarded article?
Bits of tape
47. How do you sweep ground with minehound VMR2?
1 meter per second, 2 inches off the ground
1. What is optimal lane coverage while clearing with mine detector?
1 to 1.5 meters
30. What is control?
Maintain visual line of sight to the IED, limit access to the IED threat area
38. When do you use minimal marking?
as a last resort, when there is a shortage of material to mark the device, a mark must be made 1 meter back from a device
8. What is the THOR2 battery life?
18. What is searching?
Thorough examination of certain feature in the area
45. What does the black stick check represent on CEIA?
27. What are the component of Threat triad?
Enemy Intent, Types of Threat, Location of Threat
6. What are the precautions for operating THOR 2?
Do not water proof
Do not pack in the backpack or container
5. How many “Tines” can be missing on the Thor?
33. How many people and what are the positions for VP 360?
Three or Four
#1 HHD or VMR2
#2 TRIDER or DSP 27
#4 is security with another HHD (optional
12. What is L.O.S.S stand?
Search head position
3. What is the Minehound VMR2 battery life on GPR mode?
49. What are the five tenets of IED combat?
11. What are the 3 types of IED Switch?
Time, Victim Operated, Command
46. What is difference between VP and VA?
Vulnerable Point is channelizing point where high threat possibly exist
Vulnerable Area is large area with presence of threat
44. What do you looking for when conduct 200 meters check?
Suspected enemy activities, Triggerman, Cameramen, Sniper, Observers
41. What is the default and range for top down on minehound?
15. How much coverage will be losing when THOR 2 fratricide?
31. What are some movement techniques for clearing VP?
VP 360, V-sweep, Culvert
4. What is the Minehound VMR2 battery life on dual mode?
20. What makes determination of confirm?
1+1 = IED
13. How many channels available on VMR2?
21. When do you conduct 0/5/25/200?
Whenever you stop
7. What is BIT?
Built in test
35. What is the default and range for linear gain on VMR2?
Default 28, 1-60
25. What are the ground indicators?