Flashcards in Air Operations Deck (76):
PIC of an air operation must hold what licences/type rating? (3)
- Current ATPL
- Current Instrument Rating
- Applicable aircraft type rating
Total Flight time experience for PIC air operation? (2)
- 1500hrs total
- 500hrs in applicable type of operation or equivalent acceptable to the Director
Total instrument time required for AO PIC? (2)
- 100hrs, 50 mus be actual
Total night time required for AO PIC? (1)
- at least 100hrs
Min licence and ratings required for second-in-command? (3)
- Type Rating
- Instrument Rating
If PIC becomes incapacitated what does Second-In Command must be able to do? (3)
- Operate aircraft safely under prevailing and forecast WX conditions
- Perform functions of PIC
- Land aircraft at destination or subtitle alternate
Cruise relief pilot must have what licence/ratings? (3)
- Type rating
- Instrument Rating
What must cruise relief pilot be capable of doing in event of incapacitated PIC or SIC?
- Operate aircraft safely in cruise phase until SIC gets to flight deck if PIC incapacitated, or PIC gets to flight deck if SIC incapacitated.
Flying time experience required of 'Crew member introduction segment' training pilot? (2)
- 500hrs total including 100hrs PIC in AO; or
- 500hrs on multi-engine aeroplane
Rating required of 'Crew member introduction segment' training pilot? (1)
Instrument Flying time experience required of 'Crew member introduction segment' training pilot? (2)
- 40hrs instrument time
- 10hrs of which must be under supervision of instructor
Night Flying time experience required of 'Crew member introduction segment' training pilot?
Can anyone act as a flight crew member if they believe they are, or likely will given the circumstances of the flight, be fatigued enough that it could affect safety?
- Flight/duty time limits for 28 days and 365 days?
- 28 = 100hrs
- 365 = 1000hrs
General normal rest period and duty period limitation?
- 10hrs for any rest period after duty
- Max 8hr duty period including a period between midnight and 6am at departure can only be flown for max two successive nights in a 7 day period or twice in a 28 day period.
Internal/domestic AO duty period limits? (2)
- 8hrs flying in any one duty period
- Up to 8.5hrs if already started to finish disrupted schedule
Internal/domestic AO flying hour limits? (3)
- 35hrs in 7 consecutive days
- 100hrs in consecutive 28 days
- 300hrs in any 90 consecutive days
Min number of flight attendance for AO (Part 121) prescribed by one of 4 things?
- Manufacturer recommended for emergency evac
- Specified design criteria
- MinOne attendant at each occupied compartment
- IAW table
Min Flight Attendant numbers table?
- 15-50 (1)
- 51-100 (2)
- 101-150 (3)
- 151-200 (4)
- 201-250 (6)
- 251-300 (7)
- 301-350 (9)
- 351-400 (10)
- 401-450 (11)
- 451-500 (12)
More than 500 = 12 plus 1 per 50
Can operate with minus one for table of one sick?
- Yes, provided min to met manufacturers intent, design criteria, 1 present in each occupied compartment
Before appointed PIC of a particular aeroplane must ensure what experience on that particular make and mode? (single engine & multi engine/reciprocating/turbine & turbojet/turbofan) (3)
- SE = 5hrs and 5 take off and landings
- ME = 10hrs and 8 take offs and landing
- TJ - 15hrs and 10 take offs and landings
Does this flight experience need to be gained in flight during air operations?
- yes, except can be done in a sim
- If first of type can this experience be gained during ferry flights or proving flights?
- Part 125 PIC flight time requirements for VFR AO? (total, cross country, and night)
- 500hrs total
- 100hrs cross country
- 25hrs night
Part 125 IFR flight time experience before PIC AO? (total, cross country, instrument flight and night)
- 500hrs cross country
- 75 actual or simulated of which 25hrs can be in a simulator
- for night operations, 50hrs night flight time
PArt 125 fight time limitations (28 days and 365 days)
- 28 days = 100hrs
365 = 1000hrs
What must operator of SEIFR under Part 125 ensure for aircraft airworthiness? (3)
- Aircraft is certificated as a turbine powered aircraft, certified for IFR flight, and equivalent to at least FAR23
minimum in time service and IFSD rates before aircraft can be used for SEIFR AO? (2)
- 100,000 hours time-in-service
- IFSD rate not more than 1 per 100,000 hours
Passenger seat limitation and payload capacity limitation for SEIFR?
- 14 seats or less, excluding crew members seats
- Payload capacity of 3410kg or less
Does SEIFR operator need to provide a route guide to PIC including contingency options for obstacle clearance for departure/arrival?
What must this route guide contain? (2)
- Any alternative routes to intended runway
- min height and glide profile necessary to reach runway
Must not operate SEIFR if prior to take off AEDRS ? (3)
- indicates AEDRS failure
- AEDRS detects engine exceedance
- engine instruments detect non-normal engine condition
If SEIFR PIC detects non-normal engine indication in flight what must they do? (2)
- Report situation to appropriate ATS unit as soon as practical
- Proceed to nearest suitable aerodrome
If SEIFR PIC on passenger operation notes AEDRS failure what must they do after flight?
- record in technical log
Can SEIFR with passengers be conducted for a commercial transport operation?
Can Part 121 be done VFR at night?
Can Part 121 do extended over water VFR ops?
For Part 121 age limit of exit row?
- No for under 15 or adults with an infant
Difference between Part 121 and 125 for notification to crew members of disabled or escorted person on bard?
- Both cases PIC is notified by for Part 121 the senior flight attendant is too
Each AOC holder for each air operation must record? (2)
- Planned aspects of operation
- Actual accomplishment of operation
Should AOC air operation record be permanent?
Under Part 121 & 125 what is the period requirement for a aircraft maintenance review?
- 12 months
Under Part 121&125 can you refuel/defuel with pax on board?
- Yes, provided person operating the aircraft ensures safety and aeroplane evacuation precautions are taken in accordance with procedures in their exposition
Can Part 121&125 refuel/defuel with propulsion systems running?
- Yes, provided no pax on board and PIC is responsible for every aspect of the fueling operation
Who can manipulate controls of Part 121&125? (2)
- Flight crew member, qualified and authorised by AOC holder
- Authorised representative of Director, qualified, who has permission of AOC holder and PIC and is performing a duty
Part 121 altitude restriction of relief pilot occupying a pilot seat?
- FL200 or transition level which ever is higher
When can cruise relief pilot sit in pilot seat above min height? (2)
- If PIC in other seat
- If in other seat by a pilot designated by PIC and qualified by the holder to act as PIC during cruise whilst supervising the cruise relief pilot
Part 121&125 PIC must not commence AO IFR if destination weather is? Or?
- Destination airport has weather above minimum published for applicable AIP instrument approach; or they have the required alternates
Part 121&125 must nominate an alternate if? (2 - not weather related)
- Departure or destination aerodrome is outside NZ FIR
- Destination aerodrome does not have 2 or more physical separate runways that are suitable IAW flight manual
Where does Part 121 AOC holder must state their reduced take off minima procedures?
- In their exposition.
Part 121 reduced take off minima ops requires what? (6)
- PIC and SIC are qualified
- runway has centreline marking or lighting
- minima is published in AIP
- if twin prop = operative autofeather
- runway vis is established using RVR
- method for observing visibility is acceptable to the Director
Part 121 VFR air operations met minima outside controlled airspace? (2)
- ceiling not less than 1000ft AGL, vis not less than 5km
- beneath the ceiling, remaining clear of cloud, and in continuous sight of ground or water
Part 121&125 VFR air operations in a multi engine aircraft shall not fly above more than scattered clouds unless? (4)
- IFR capable (crew & aircraft)
- if engine inop maintain positive slope at 1000ft above the cloud
- Radio nav equipment to proceed IFR to aerodrome for instrument approach
- Sufficient fuel and reserves to proceed IFR to aerodrome for instrument approach
generally can part 125 do VFR at night?
When can Part 125 do VFR at night? (7)
- Established procedures
- Their operations specifications allow it
- Depart and arrives at same aerodrome
- Operation is performed within 25nm of aerodrome and not below 3000ft AGL
- Ceiling at least 3000ft and vis 16km
- PIC has an ATPL
- Each flight crew has an IR
Part 121 max clearway distance?
- Half of the take off run available
Part 121 wet/contaminated take off distance calculated to what height when using reduced V1?
- 15ft above take off surface
Part 121 can wet/contaminated runway take off max weight exceed max dry?
Part 121 what atmospheric pressure variation from ISA must pressure altitude be used for takeoff calculations?
Part 121&125 wind component maximums for take off calculations?
- not more than 50% headwind
- not less than 150% tailwind
Part 125 must ensure take off distance required does not exceed _____% of take off run available?
What heights must obstacle be cleared for net flight path for part 121? (intended bank angle <15deg, and >15deg)
- 35ft if <15deg Aob
- 50ft if >15deg AoB
Can a track change of more than 15deg be made less than 50ft on take off for Part 121?
Part 121 - Unless approved by Director, bank angle of more than ____ deg cannot be made before _____ ft above take off surface and no more than ______ before _____ above take off surface? And after above _____ no more than _____ deg?
- 400ft no more than 25deg AoB
Part 125 requires critical engine inop net flight path all obstacles must be cleared by _____ft?
PArt 125 requires no track changes before ____ ft above take off surface?
Part 125 - Unless approved by Director, bank angle of more than ____ deg cannot be made before _____ ft above take off surface and no more than ______ before _____ until above take off surface? And after above _____ no more than _____ deg?
- 20 deg
- 400ft no more than 25deg
Part 121 landing threshold crossing height for landing distance calculations?
What % or runway landing distance required for DRY runway Part 121? (Turbojet or Propellor = 2)
- Jet = 60%
- Prop = 70%
For dispatch of Part 121&125 must assume aeroplane will land on most favourable runway taking into account? (4)
- forecast met conditions
- surrounding terrain
- approach and landing aids
- obstacles within the MAP
Can Part 121&125 dispatch if runway landing performance conditions/requirements unfavourable at destination?
- yes if hold an alternate
What % landing distance required for DRY runway Part 125? (below 5700kg and above 5700kg = 2)
- Below 5700kg = 85%
- Above 5700kg = 70%
Part 121&125 Wet runway factor?
- LDA at least 115% of landing distance required
Part 121&125 contaminated runway factor?
- LDA at least 115% of landing distance required
- Or, IAW contaminated landing distance data
Part 121&125, if shorter landing distance is permitted by performance data than 115% can it be used?
- Yes, but not less than dry runway requirement