- What are two sources of power used to extend & retract landing gear?
Electrical & Hydraulic
- When should landing gear retraction checks be accomplished?
replacing landing gear component
after hard landing
- What is used to inflate an oleo type landing gear shock strut?
High pressure dry air or Nitrogen
- Where would you look to find proper tire inflation information?
Operation or Maintenance Manuals
- What is the purpose off a hydraulic shimmy damper?
Prevents nose wheel vibrations during taxi, landing, or takeoff
- What type of care should be given to landing gear shock struts?
Inspected regularly for leaks & proper extension
Wipe piston strut clean daily and inspect for scoring or corrosion
- What is the effect of under inflated tires?
Rapid uneven wear near edges, tire can slip or creep on landing
- What is the purpose of the rubber O-ring mounted on the mating surface of the outer wheel half of a split type wheel?
Prevents air leaks from tubeless tires
- What are three types of aircraft brakes systems?
- What is the purpose of a shuttle valve in a power control system?
Isolates the emergency brake system from normal brakes
- What is the purpose of the main landing gear torque link?
Keeps landing gear alignment
- What is used to prevent a nose gear from being retracted with the wheel out of the center position?
Centering device like internal centering cam or an external track
- What is used in a split wheel assembly to keep the air rom leaking out between the wheel halves?
- What is the purpose of the fusible plug in some aircraft wheels?
Melts at specific temperatures to relief air pressure
- How should aircraft tires be stored?
In a cool, dry place, away from chemicals, oil, or sunlight
- What is the most important maintenance consideration for aircraft tires?
- What safety procedure should be followed when inflating tires in general?
Inflate inside a cage
- What is the purpose of the anti-skid system?
Stop aircraft without skidding, most effective braking in all runway conditions
- What task should be accomplished if the aircraft brakes are spongy?
- What are two methods of bleeding brakes?
Gravity & pressure
- When inspecting brakes, what do you look for?
Leaks when pressurized
Flex hoses for swelling, cracking, or soft spots
Brake pedals for spongy actuation
Brake pedals for excessive travel
- What must you do before disassembling an ole strut?
- Where can you find instructions for jacking one wheel of an aircraft to change a tire?
Aircraft maintenance manual