- What is the purpose of the anti-skid system?
Stop airplane without skidding using maximum braking in all runway conditions
- What does the anti-skid warning light indicate?
System is turned off or system failure
- What Troyes of warning devices are usually prove I’d for retractable landing gear?
Red light & aural device
- When does the landing gear warning horn operate in a landing gear warning system?
Gear in any position other than down & locked
- What type of position indicators are normally use to indicate that the landing gear is down & locked?
Green light for each gear
- Which positions of retractable landing gear normally have a poison indicator?
Up & locked position
Down & Locked position
- What is a squat, or weight on wheels switch, and where is it located?
Detect if aircraft is on the ground, located on the torsion links of main landing gear
- What device is used as a sensor to detect the condition of a retractable landing gear?
Microswitch or without on wheels switch
- When should you check landing gear switches, lights, warning horn, or buzzer for proper operation?
Landing gear retraction check or swinging the landing gear
- How does a takeoff warning horn differ from a landing gear warning horn?
Takeoff horn is intermittent, landing gear is continuous
- What items may cause a takeoff warning horn to operate in a typical transport jet aircraft?
With advanced throttles:
Speed brakes not down
Aux power exhaust door open
Flaps not in takeoff range
Stabilizer not in the takeoff setting
- What is the master caution light?
Alerts the pilot that there is an issue with a system
- What is used to indicate the position of wing flaps?
Resistance type remote indicating system
- What are the positions of aircraft navigation lights?
Left wing - Red
Right wing - Green
Tail - White