Flashcards in Alternate Law Deck (10):
Are stabilities (aural, callouts, visuals etc.) always available?
No. Depends on the failures, as protections, load factor limitation is always available.
How do pitch & roll control compare with normal law?
Pitch: only load factor limitation available
Roll: direct law
What happens to Turn Co-ordination?
No turn coordination.
What happens when the Gear is extended?
Activates direct law except if alternate law is activated from abnormal attitude.
What happens to pitch and roll protection?
- No pitch attitude protection. Amber Xs replace the green double bars = on PFD.
- Roll direct law.
Alpha Prot. Is lost. What replaces it? And what is the Top of the Barber Pole now showing?
- Artificial low speed stability replaces the normal Alpha Protection.
- Available for all flap / slats config. Actives when 5-10kts above VSW. gentle nose-down.
What happens at VSW?
Audio stall warning (crickets + “STALL”) is activated at an appropriate margin from the stall condition.
How does HI SPD stability work? Can it be overridden?
- Above VMO or MMO, a nose-up demand is introduced to avoid an excessive increase in speed. The pilot can over ride this demand.
- Aural overspeed warning VMO +4 or MMO +0.006.
Can you stall the A/C?