Flashcards in Crooks Deck (8)
- plight of black people
- cynical about dream
- mistreatment made him cruel
- race separates him from others
- failure of American Dream
- segregation, Jim crow laws
Quote to show crooks wanting friends
'Crooks scowled but Lennies disarming smile defeated him'
- can't deal with niceness
- secretly happy
- black people not used to people talking to them
'It's just being with another guy. That's all'
- basic want
- craves connection
- human right, no rights
Possession of small things
'You got no right to come in my room. This here's my room'
- room is only true possession
- migrant worker
- responds with violence, predatory nature of society
- no hope for friendship, been alone for so long
Futility of dream
'Nobody never gets to heaven, and nobody gets no land. It's it's in their head.'
- understands futility, lost everything
- lost hope in positivity
'This is just a nigger talkin'
- doesn't mean anything, invisible
- would probably get rejected if tried to make friends