Flashcards in Curley Deck (6)
- brutality of society through aggression
- predatory nature of ranch life
- lead by bullying by inheritors status
- meanness and lack of understanding towards marginalised
Link to context
- Attitude to women shown by cw, possession
- authority over others
- meanness result of ad
Curley doing what he wants
'He just don't give a damn. Won't ever get canned cause his old mans the boss'
- dad the boss
Failure of American Dream
'He glanced coldly at George and then at Lennie. His arms gradually bent at the elbows and his hands closed into fists'
- failure of ad
- subconsciously reacts, aggression
- could be result of insecurity with wife, can't control wife
- wants control, even killing Lennie taken by George
Objectification of women
'Curleys says he's keepin that hand soft for his wife'
- women used for sex
- boasting about wife, all men crave it