Flashcards in CS: Fracture Deck (12):
Fx of our dog
- lateral condylar fx
- ulna more medial than radius
- physeal articular fx
- articualr fx so need compression to stop callous formationi
- anti-rotational K wire
Dog RTA pelvis
HOW DEOS TX OF CALCANEAL fx differ in adukt and young horses?
- engage radius in aadult
- not in young growing animal
What is wedging?
- conformation of the tarsal bone that predisposes fx
Typical presentation of tarsal fx?
- lamess pre-fx
- tx steroids to try and train through it
- acute onset severe lamess
- 48hrs will become much sounder
6 week box rest, 6 weeks walking excercise
- might look worse but be sound
- put back into training
- lateral malleolus fx
- medial collateral lig gone (instbaility of tasus will remain)
- another thing on the lateral aspect gone too
- ESF needed to allow fibrous repair
What level of apposition is needed for conervative tx?
- 90% (wil say 50%)
HOw can cat and dog rads be differeniated?
- straight femur
- tear drop shaped patella
SHape of femoral physis?
- use pins/K wires
- in young animal can remove at 3-4weeks to allow growth
4 As when looking at post-op?
alignment apposition (only for physeal fx) activity apparatus
Risk of fixinf femoral head fx
- loss of blood supply to femoral head