Flashcards in Fx Quiz Deck (17):
How can open fx be seen on rads?
What is an EHmer sling for?
stops hip dislocating
Best tx of a comminuted femoral fx initially?
Analgesia - no dressings will help
What is tension band wiring best for?
What fixatino is best for a comminuted mid femoral fx?
ESF only way of countacting all forces
How can ESFs be described?
- uni/multiplanar (uni 20* variation allowed)
Where does the ulna lie wrt. radius @ the carpus ?
What shape is the distal ulnar physis?
Weird V shape
Where is the metaphysis?
- just proximal to physis
What is metaphyseal osteopathy ? What does it look like?
- Looks like human scurvy
- But isnt so dont give vit C!!
= lysis of metaphysis
What is the Ortelani test for?
- capsular hypertrophy, acetabular contents, acetabular depth assessment
- does not tell you anything about femoral neck osteophytes
What does plantar ligament damage appear as on radiogrpahs? Tx?
- open angle (abnormal) between intertarsal joints (low motion joints)
- arthrodesis (coaptation not effective)
What endocrinopathy can cause boney changes?
- 2* nutritional hyperparathyroidism
- if weaned onto a meat diet too early
What is rickets?
Vit D deficiency inthe adult
How could a midhumeral crush fx be tx in the adult? In a young animal?
- adult: ESF, intramedullary pin, bone plate, interlocking nail (need good bone density)
- young: nutritional suplementation (orthopedic stuff will just fall out)
What are type B synoviocytes and what do they develop into?
- develop into macrophages
- normally present at low numbers in the joints