Flashcards in Emotional intelligence Deck (9):
What are the name of the two professors listed in our textbook as proposing the concept of emotional intelligence.
John Mayer & Peter Salovey
What is the name of the author of the best-selling book entitled Emotional Intelligence?
List the 8 Characteristics given from the book used in class that describes the abilities people with high emotional intelligence possess:
1. Motivate oneself
2. Persist in the face of frustrations
3. Control impulse
4. Delay gratification
5. Regulate one’s mood
6. Keeping distress from swamping your ability to think
7. To empathize
8. To hope
What is the name of the author of Emotional Intelligence 2.0..
List those 9 actions:
1. They won’t compare themselves and thus limit their joy
2. They won’t forget
3. They won’t die in a fight
4. They won’t prioritize perfection
5. They won’t live in the past
6. They won’t dwell on problems
7. They won’t hang around negative people
8. They won’t hold grudges
9. They won’t say yes unless they really want to
In which area do YOU identify with having the highest Emotional Intelligence and why?
I have the highest emotional intelligence in "to empathy", because I understand how others feel in situations.
In which area do YOU identify with having the lowest level of Emotional Intelligence and why?
I have the lowest emotional intelligence when it comes to Keeping distress from swamping your ability to think, because when I feel too overwhelmed it's almost impossible for me to think or make decisions.
What was the definition given for the "emotional strengths domain"?
The capacity in our lives that enables us to experience feelings and sensibility.