Flashcards in Truth Project Lesson 8/11/12 Deck (63):
1. When deciding whether to become involved in your community, one is asked to answer the question of “____ cares, do ___?”
2. God’s command to become involved in your community is the __________ and _________ ___________ commandment.
Jesus’ commanded us to ______ our neighbor.
By commanding us to do this, Jesus illustrated a ________ definition of neighbor.
Jesus used the story of the _____ _________ to illustrate this definition.
The main character in the story displayed what it looked like to be a ______ neighbor.
7. The main character showed ______ to another person despite the fact that it would be _________ acceptable NOT to do so.
9. By commanding us to be involved in our community, God declares His Heart for the ______ and the ________.
Our struggle is to recognize that in following God’s call in this area we aren’t going to receive _________ and _______.
When we are able to see others as God sees them, we are able to:
11. Recognize their ____________.
12. Recognize their ________.
13. Because no one is a mere ________.
14. Which is a quote from ____________.
C S Lewis
15. When Christians decide to make an _________ on the world community, there is an opportunity to ___________ the culture.
16. We have a choice to either ________ the culture or ___________ society.
____________ is an example of ____________ the culture with his sustained effort to abolish slavery
______ is an example of ____________ the culture with his refusal to love the people of Ninevah.
To show that we have accepted this call from God is to respond by:
Receiving our _______ because we accept that it is God who has made us to do His will.
Accepting our _______ because we accept that it is God who has given us the talent to do His will.
Continually _________ God, so that we can be ____________ into His image.
1. Unio Mystica means ________________.
The Mystical Union
2. Jesus teaches us in John 14 that on the day you experience a personal relationship with Him, saying that on that day you will realize that:
a. Jesus is in _____.
b. And ____ are in Jesus.
c. And that ______ is in you.
Unity is defined as making the many _____.
And this unity is seen in the _______________.
Body of Christ
5. In this worldview, we each have
a. unique ______ and
b. we all have different ______.
Jesus promises us _______ when we obey this worldview principle.
7. The result of obeying this worldview principle is that our desires of our heart will be met in regards to
a. Not being ______________
b. Our lives will have __________ and ____________
By obeying this principle we are living in _____ as we pursue meeting the desires of our heart
9. When we do not obey this principle, we are living in _______ as we try to meet the desires of our heart by our own efforts.
10. When obeying this principle, we will connect with
When obeying this principle, we will also discover God within His three mystical unions:
God & Man
Christ & The Church
Husband & Wife
12. When disobeying this principle, we will attempt to find meaning and significance in:
Mini marriage type relationships
One warning of disobeying this principle is found in Numbers 15:37-41, “Do not go after the ______ of your heart and eyes.”
14. Another warning of disobeying this principle is found in Matthew 6:19-24, “Do not store up __________ for this world, but rather store up ___________ in _________.”
15. Matthew 6:19-24 Jesus further teaches us that “for where your _____________ are that is where your ________ is.”
God calls us to pursue having a relationship with Him instead of with ourselves, teaching that a relationship with yourself is a relationship with your _______________
Jesus teaches us that when we are not sure of how to pursue this relationship we have the gift of ________ and ________.
When we ______ we are NOT to be ________, but rather be filled with ____ in knowing that God will deliver a breakthrough in our understanding of Him
When we fail to pursue this relationship with God, we are continually looking for __________ where we can _______ that we have met the desires of our heart.
This continual search often results in an emotional state of _______ _______________.
While in the _______ portion of this state, we find any given moment, however trivial, as a possible example of our success in meeting the desires of our heart.
While in the ____________ portion of this state, we find any given moment, however trivial, as a possible example of our failure in meeting the desires of our heart.
The moment of temptation to stray away from pursuing God in meeting the desires of our heart is an _____________ to live by ______
The result of this moment is our ____________ of how we ______ God.
This was Jesus’ vision for the church, which He expressed in His _______ to God
That all believers know God _______ them and the ________.
And that Jesus’ desire is for all men to be in ________.
The primary reason that work is generally view as negative is due to ______________________.
Our sinful nature
True/False – Work is only defined by a job you get paid for.
3. When you have a negative attitude towards work, how do you feel going into your day?
Dread about having to work
4. When you have a negative attitude towards work, how do you feel towards your co-workers?
That you are in competition with them
When you have a negative attitude towards work, how do you feel towards your authorities?
Adversarial, because you feel the authority will either take away what you want or refuse to reward you with what you want
God created work to reflect His ________ _________
When you see through God’s eyes, your attitude about work will be positive why?
Because you view work as an opportunity to create
When you have a positive attitude towards work, how do you feel towards your co-workers?
Co-operative, believing that each person has their own role to play
When you have a positive attitude towards work, how do you feel towards your authorities?
Supportive in service. Following the lead of Joseph/Daniel
Economic Principle #1 is that All Things Belong to God:
When following this principle, you realize that you are unable to serve others if you are in ____________ with them.
When following this principle, we recognize that a drive for ___________ is an attempt to ___________ yourself with others.
Economic Principle #2 is that God appointed man to be creative ____________ of His goods.
13. When following this principle, we realize that our appointed roles in life are ____________.
Economic principle 2 that God appointed man to be creative ________ of His goods.
When following this principle, we acknowledge that we not only _____ both the present circumstance, but also __________________
Economic Principle #3 is that ______ and __________ another’s goods is wrong.
Economic Principle #4 is that ________ and ___________ to work come from God.
Economic Principle #5 teaches about the effort we are to put into work and the consequences of that effort.
When following this principle, you learn that work is profitable when it has a __________.
When following this principle, you recognize that __________ leads to poverty.
Economic Principle #6 commands us to love ______ not our _______.
When following this principle we learn that our __________ are measurable by what we love on Earth.
Economic Principle #7 teaches that we are to be _____________ and ___________ to those in need
True/False. When following this principle, we are to look for people who are only in financial need.
When following this principle, we are to use our __________ to provide work for the poor.
___________ - stated that “who controls the media, controls the culture"