Flashcards in Millenium Development Goals Deck (16):
What is MDG 1?
Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
What is MDG 2?
Achieve universal primary education
What is MDG 3?
Promote gender equality and empower women.
What is MDG 4?
Reduce infant mortality
What is MDG 5?
Improve maternal health
What is MDG 6?
Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases.
What is MDG 7?
Ensure environmental sustainability
What is MDG 8?
Global partnership and development
What are the targets of MDG 1?
1. Halve the proportion of people whose income is less than $1.25 per day.
2. Achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all.
3. Halve the proportion of people who suffer from hunger.
What is the goal of MDG 2?
Ensure that children everywhere will be able to complete a full course of primary schooling.
What is the goal of MDG 3?
Eliminate gender disparity in education.
What is the goal of MDG 4?
Reduce by two-thirds the under-five mortality rate.
What are the two targets of MDG 5?
1. Reduce by three quarters the maternal mortality rate.
2. Achieve universal access to reproductive health.
What are the three targets of MDG 6?
1. Halt and begin to reverse the spread of HIV/AIDS.
2. Achieve universal treatment for HIV/AIDS for all who need it.
3. Half and begin to reverse the incidence of malaria and other major diseases.
What are the four targets of MDG 7?
1. Integrate the principles of sustainable developing into country policies and programmes and reverse the loss of environmental resources.
2. Reduce biodiversity loss.
3. Halve the proportion of the population without sustainable access to safe drinking water and basic sanitation.
4. Achieve a significant improvement in the lives of at least 100 million slum dwellers.