Flashcards in Monitoring, implementation and Auditing Deck (13):
What are the primary objectives of EA monitoring?
1. Confirm the conditions of the project approval are being implemented
2. VErify that impacts are within the predicted limits
3. Act upon unanticipated impacts or changes
4. maximize environmental benefits through BMP
5. implement adaptive management
What components are included in EA implementation and follow-up programs
1. Surveillance and supervision
5. Post-project analysis
What are 3 types of monitoring
What are 4 types of audits?
Effectiveness or policy audits
What is ISO 14000?
Family that addresses various aspects of environmental management. provides tools for companies nd organization looking to control their environmental impact and improve environmental performance
What 3 questions should be asked when executing and EA implementation?
What is required?
Who will carry out the activities?
how will the program be executed?
What can monitoring be used for?
-Establish baseline conditions and trends
-Measure impacts during the construction
-Serve to warn again unexpected impacts
-Assess accuracy of predictions
What are the 6 conditions for approval for an EMP
1. Monitoring of major impacts
2. ID of monitoring objectives
3. How monitoring will be carried out
4. How collected data will be used
5. How unanticipated impacts or increases will be addressed
6. public involvement
What should be considered when developing an EMP?
-Representative reference and impact sites
-Indie data quality control
-ID of stats interpretation
-Enviro auditing protocols
-Data reporting and response to issues raised
How are EA audits and EMS audits different?
EA- related audits are typically project-specific and use non-standardized methods
EMS-Conducted according to ISO 14001 procedures and guidelines
What are EA-related audits used for?
-ID impacts associated with implementation
-Verify the conditions of approval are in practice
-VErify the accuracy of impacts
-Verify mitigation effectiveness
-Improve performance and compliance practices
What do EMS audits include?
Sector or issue specific audits