Flashcards in Smoking Deck (6)
What is smoking a risk factor for?
- Lung cancer etc.
Who is at risk of damage from smoking?
- those exposed to second hand smoke....DONT FORGET
How many cigarettes a day puts a patient at risk?
What are important elements of a smoking history?
- duration of smoking
- current motivation to quit
What is the difference between a quantitative assessment of smoking and a qualititive assessment?
- Do you smoke? Secondhand smoke?
- What do you smoke?
- Duration of smoking? When started? Stop? Restart?
- Average consumption? over time?
- Context? Triggers? Psycho-social factors?
- Dependence? how long can you last? Flying? In the morning how long before you smoke?
- Quit attempts? Why restart? Why stop now?