- parts of thalamus
Limbic System Controls
Environmental stressors are more likely to trigger Bipolar 1 disorder during which episodes?
1st or 2nd episodes over later episodes
3 know factors that may be associated with ASD
- biogenetic factors
- advanced parental age
- low birth weight
sudden onset of forgetting personal info is characteristic of __________________
Locke's Goal Setting Theory
- goals should be specific opposed to global
- goals should be intermediate to high level of difficulty
- workers should receive feedback on performance
- workers should believe that goals are attainable
- workers must accept and be commited to goals assigned
Participation in goal setting NOT so importanct
Piaget believes moral development is linked to ____________.
Kochanska believes moral development is linked to ________.
parenting style and child's temperament.
Piaget believes that the relationship between language and thought is ____________
language usage vaires and is determined by state-related cognitive structures available.
language influences thinking: who's theory
Difference between heterosexism and homophobia?
Heterosexism believes that heter is superior and homo is negative.
Homophobia is fear of gays
Leadership is based on legitimate power when _______
power comes from one's position in organization
lack of awareness of one's deficts
Successful negotiation of Erikson's 8 stages
- trust v mistrust =
- autonomy v shame & doubt =
- initiate v guilt =
- industry v inferiority =
- identity v role confusion =
- intimacy v isolation =
- generativey v stagnation =
- integrity v despair =
- trust v mistrust = hope
- autonomy v shame & doubt = will power
- initiate v guilt = purpose & direction
- industry v inferiority = competence
- identity v role confusion = fidelity & devotion
- intimacy v isolation = love & affiliation
- generativey v stagnation = care & production
- integrity v despair = wisdom
Unsuccessful negotiation of Erikson's 8 stages
- trust v mistrust = withdrawal
- autonomy v shame & doubt = impulsivity
- initiate v guilt = ruthlessness/inhibition
- industry v inferiority = narrow virtuosity/inertia
- identity v role confusion = fanaticism/repudiationn
- intimacy v isolation = promiscuity/exclusivity
- generativey v stagnation = overextension/rejectivity
- integrity v despair = presumption/disdain
Lockes goal setting approach
- intermediate to high level of difficulty
- receive fedback
- sense of self-efficacy will increase performance
- employees accept the goals
negative attitude towards homosexual orientation
Homophobia is the fear of gays
Personality & projective
lack of awareness of one's own deficits
interlocking of all the microsystems
2-way relationship one has with day-to-day such as home school, work, and neighborhood
relationship between several setting with one + indirectly affect the person
influences of the culture, economy, etc.
passage of time in a person's life
chunking is most associated with
On-going basis of evaluating a program
James-Lange theory - peripheral factors
Lowest level of interrater reliability of a particular Dx
Difference between schizoid and schizotypal
Schizoid: detachment & restricted range of emotions. Don't want relationships
Schizotypal: discomfort with and reduced capacity for close relationships as well as peculiarities in cognition, ideation.
Difference between DRO & Token
Token is much more involved and includes reinforcement and PUNISHMENT.