Flashcards in The Interview Deck (17):
What is an interview?
organized conversation with a client
What are the 4 phases of an interview?
1. planning phase: review resources, set time, choose place
2. orientation: introduce yourself, describe your position, explain purpose of interview
3. Working: gather information about client's he alt status, current illness, health history
4. closing: summarize interview, facilitate future interaction
Why preform an interview?
establish rapport, gather information, identify problems
What data is collected in health history?
patient's level of wellness, reason seeking care, family history, health care resources, mental health
What is a directive question?
elicits specific information
What is a non-directive question?
Open ended question;
What is data base?
Baseline assessment conducted upon initial meeting?
What is focused assessment?
Data collected on an ongoing basis ----> determines changes in health status
directed to specific needs
Techniques used to collect dada?
interview & physical examination
What is done in a physical examination?
1. inspection: observe/look
2. palpation: touch patient
3. percussion: tap with hands
4. auscultation: listen with stethoscope
Primary data collection source?
Secondary data collection source?
Family, chart, file, lab report
Best source for data collection?
what is subjective data?
data obtained as direct quote from patient
what is objective data?
facts that are observable and measurable
What are the 8 basic conditioning factors?
3. developmental state
4. health state
5. health care system factors
6. family system factors
7. sociocultural orientation
8. patterns of living