Flashcards in treatment of anxiety Deck (4)
Basis for treatment
The establishment of a therapeutic relationship that grants SAFETY and has an atmosphere of ACCEPTANCE
techniques in treating anxiety
- discussing the symptoms of anxiety; cognitive conceptualization of the symptoms; questioning anxiety-arousing cognitions
Psychoeducation: Explaining that the panic is the result of reactions to stressful situations that can be considered NORMAL
Breath control - to regulate hyperventilation
Safe place imagination
What are the components of an anxiety attack
Events eliciting the symptoms
Automatic thoughts evaluating the event
By Schultz in the 1930s
- Relaxing the muscles.
- Feeling of warmth in the skin. Relaxing the vascular system.
- The exercise of the heart.
- The exercise of breathing.
- Warming up the abdomen, balancing the gastro-intestinal system.
- Exercise of the coolness of the forehead.