7 steps for chronic disease help
- transforming a negating and plaintive attitude into a cooperative one with the help of motivational interview. Dissolving the feelings of helplessness at the beginning of a chronic disease.
- Setting up education related to the disease and problem solving plan
- Developing an objective symptom monitoring
- supporting the patient in controlling the symptoms of the disease
- supporting lifestyle changes necessary in the treatment of the disease
- long-term maintenance of compliance and adherence
- stress treatment and plan for the treatment of everyday difficulties
Rolling up resistance
- socratic questioning ask them to identify the benefits of chagne
- reflection, re-stating their conclusions back to them
- understanding, reassure them that you understand its difficult.
Expressing confidence in change
Concommittant problems of chronic disease
Anxiety symptoms or anxiety disorders (e.g. panic disease, generalized anxiety disorder).
Depressive symptoms or major depressive episode.
Excessive disease consciousness, predominance of avoidance behaviours
Negation of the disease.
High level of everyday stress.
Things to monitor during chronic disease
Quality of life, somatic symptoms.
Charting social support and charting coping with the disease.
Regular screening of mental symptoms (depression, anxiety).