Flashcards in 2.6a - Time for Surgery Deck (5)
What are the pre-surgical feeding tips for surgery at 3 months and 12 months?
No nipples, spoons, pacifiers, spout cups, etc s/p surgical repair
What are the pre-surgical feeding tips for using cup feeding before and after?
1. Use of SOLO brand cups
2. Seattle Children's developed newborn feeding cups.
Why do we use SOLO brand cups before and after?
1. Wide lip on cup, flexible, transparent
2. Safe-don't crack/break
What are the post-surgical feeding tips for after lip repair (3 - 6 months)?
1. Thicken formula w/rice cereal
- Resembles thick pulpy orange juice consistency
2. Thicken to improve control of liquid
3. Wide rim of cup provides input
4. Difficult transition for caregivers