Flashcards in Auto Flight Deck (47)
How do you confirm all autopilot, FD, and A/THR inputs?
Confirm all mode inputs by reference to the FMA
What is the active range of the A/THR?
- Just above IDLE to the CL detent (2 Engines)
- Just above IDLE to the MCT detent (1 Engine)
What is the normal operational position of the thrust levers when A/THR is active?
The CL detent
What determines the maximum thrust the A/THR system will be able to command?
The position detent of the thrust lever
What are 3 ways to disconnect the A/THR?
- A/THR pushbutton
- Instinctive Disconnect buttons
- Thrust Levers to IDLE
What is the preferred method of disconnecting A/THR?
Set the thrust levers to match the TLA to the existing N1 and disconnect using the instinctive disconnect pushbutton
How do you disconnect the A/THR for the remainder of the flight?
Press and hold the Instinctive Disconnect button for 15 seconds
Will you be able to restore A/THR?
How do you then regain normal A/THR?
- Move Thrust Levers to the TOGA detent
- Press the Instinctive Disconnect button
- Return Thrust Levers to CL detent
- Push the A/THR pushbutton to engage A/THR
When would Thrust Lock occur?
- Thrust levers in CL detent and A/THR pushbutton on the FCU is pushed, or
- A/THR disconnects due to a failure
What is Alpha Lock?
This function inhibits retracting slats from 1 to 0 at a high angle of attack or low airspeed
What happens to thrust and what annunciates on the FMA when you reach Alpha Floor?
- Thrust: TOGA
- FMA: A.FLOOR
What occurs during Alpha Floor protection after speed increases above Vls?
FMA changes to TOGA LK
When is Alpha Floor Protection active?
From lift-off through 100' RA on approach
Is this protection (Ground Speed Mini) available in selected speed?
No, managed speed only
What does the red arrow in the SIDESTICK PRIORITY light mean?
It illuminates in from of the pilot losing authority