Flashcards in International Statistcs Deck (6)
What countries have the highest life expectancy?
(Much of Europe)
Is the US among countries w/highest life expectancy?
No, people in the US live to 70-79 yrs. (2nd highest life expectancy bracket)
Same age as:
- All of South America, except Bolivia (Brazil, Columbia, Venezuela, Argentina)
What religions dominate each country?
- US: Protestant
- Canada: catholic
- Mexico & Central America: Catholic
- South America (except Guyana): Catholic
- Guyana: Protestant
- Greenland, Iceland, Finland, Norway, Denmark: Protestant
- Europe: Protestant
- Russia: orthodox
- central and eastern Europe: orthodox
- Northern Africa: Sunni Muslim
- Southern Africa: catholic & Protestant
- Western Asia: Sunni & Shia Muslim
- India: Hindu
- China: indigenous
- Mongolia, Japan, Burma, Thailand, Vietnam, Korea: Buddhist
- Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia: Sunni Muslim
How many followers does Christianity have?
1 billion catholic
600 million Protestant
200 million orthodox
200 million independent
How many followers does Islam have?
Sunni: 1 billion
Shia: 190 million
Other: 40 million