Flashcards in Lesson 9 Review Deck (9):
1. What is the basis Pentecostalism?
The basis for Pentecostalism is a supernatural biblical experience and relation with the one true God of scripture.
2. The supernatural elements in scripture are not what?
The supernatural elements should be expected and accepted as genuine. they are NOT myths, legends or embellishments.
3. What the Bible teaches ALWAYS overrides what?
What the Bible teaches ALWAYS overrides any understanding or experience that does not align and harmonise with the context and scope of scripture.
4. What is a common error in western theology?
The faulty assumption that explicit instructions are of most value, while narratives (story) are of little or no value, is a very common MAJOR error in western theology.
5. what do Pentecostals see as the supreme authority for experience, teaching, and practice of the New Testament church?
they look to the apostles as the supreme authority for experience, teaching and practice of the New Testament church.
6. While Protestants look to reform the existing church, Pentecostals seek to what?
Rather than trying to reform the current church, we seek to restore the original church.
7. Who had the best and most accurate understanding of what God intended for the Nt church?
Pentecostals correctly argue that the first century apostles and their associates, not these so called " church fathers" of the letter centuries had the best and most accurate understanding of what God intended for the NT church.
8. Name three things that are necessary for salvation:
A. Repentance is necessary for salvation- it is not just a profession of faith
B. Water baptism, by immersion, in Jesus name, is for the washing away of sins and is necessary for salvation.
C. The I filling of the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.