Flashcards in M 12 Study Deck (24):
Should we pay or shouldn't we?" But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. "Why are you trying to trap me?" he asked. "Bring me a denarius and let me look at it."
Paying the Imperial Tax to Caesar
They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. These men will be punished most severely."
1. The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes
2. I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob
3. Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
4. Love your neighbor as yourself.
5. The Lord said to my Lord: Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet.
When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
The Parable of the Tenants
Jesus then began to speak to them in parables: "A man planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a pit for the winepress and built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and moved to another place.
God is notthe God of whom,butof whom?
M 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
What was Jesus right in saying?
M 12:32 "Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.
Now there were seven brothers. The first one married and died without leaving any children.
Marriage at the Resurrection
1. What then will the owner of the vineyard do?
2. Haven't you read this passage of Scripture: The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes?
3. Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not?
4. Should we pay or shouldn't we?
5. Why are you trying to trap me?
6. Whose image is this?
7. And whose inscription?
8. At the resurrection whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?
9. Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God?
10. Now about the dead rising—have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the account of the burning bush, how God said to him, I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?
11. Of all the commandments, which is the most important?
12. Why do the teachers of the law say that the Messiah is the son of David?
13. How then can he be his son?
While Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, he asked, "Why do the teachers of the law say that the Messiah is the son of David?
Warning Against the Teachers of the Law
Who say there is no resurrection?
M 12:18 the Sadducees
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'
1. You are badly mistaken!
Whose Son Is the Messiah?
The Widow's Offering
He sent still another, and that one they killed. He sent many others; some of them they beat, others they killed.
What has become the cornerstone?
M 12:10 The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone;
Haven't you read this passage of Scripture: "'The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone;