Flashcards in M 2 Study Deck (18):
But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins." So he said to the man,
He answered, "Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need?
Jesus Is Lord of the Sabbath
On earth, who has authority to do what?
2:10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins." So he said to the man,
Jesus Questioned About Fasting
While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him.
1. He's blaspheming!
2. We have never seen anything like this!
Who is Lord even of the Sabbath?
2:28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."
Who forgives sins?
2:7 "Why does this fellow talk like that? He's blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
1. Why does this fellow talk like that?
2. Who can forgive sins but God alone?
3. Why are you thinking these things?
4. Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, 'Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, 'Get up, take your mat and walk'?
5. Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?
6. How is it that John's disciples and the disciples of the Pharisees are fasting, but yours are not?
7. How can the guests of the bridegroom fast while he is with them?
8. Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?
9. Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need?
When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, "Son, your sins are forgiven."
Jesus Calls Levi and Eats With Sinners
But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them, and on that day they will fast.
Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralyzed Man
The Sabbath was made for whom?
2:27 Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.