Flashcards in M 4 Study Deck (22):
The Parable of the Growing Seed
Others, like seed sown on rocky places, do what?
4:16 Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the wordand atonce receive it with joy.
When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables.
Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop-some thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times what was sown."
Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water's edge.
2. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables so that, " 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!"
4. Be still!
5. Even the wind and the waves obey him!
That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, "Let us go over to the other side."
He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"
According to the Old Testament, who are never perceiving, and who are never understanding?
4:12 so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"
1. Don't you understand this parable?
2. How then will you understand any parable?
3. Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed?
4. Instead, don't you put it on its stand?
5. What shall we say the kingdom of God is like, or what parable shall we use to describe it?
6. Teacher, don't you care if we drown?
7. Why are you so afraid?
8. Do you still have no faith?
9. Who is this?
The Parable of the Mustard Seed
Jesus Calms the Storm
Who should hear?
4:9 Then Jesus said, "Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear."
Jesus rebuked what?
4:39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them.
Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them."
A Lamp on a Stand
Again he said, "What shall we say the kingdom of God is like, or what parable shall we use to describe it?
Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.
The Parable of the Sower