Flashcards in M 15 Study Deck (25):
Jesus was brought where?
M 15:22 They brought Jesus to the place called Golgotha (which means "the place of the skull").
Simon was forced to carry what?
M 15:21 the cross
1. (that is, the Praetorium)
2. (which means "the place of the skull")
3. (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?")
4. (that is, the day before the Sabbath)
Very early in the morning, the chief priests, with the elders, the teachers of the law and the whole Sanhedrin, made their plans. So they bound Jesus, led him away and handed him over to Pilate.
The Soldiers Mock Jesus
It was nine in the morning when they crucified him.
When he learned from the centurion that it was so, he gave the body to Joseph.
The Burial of Jesus
The Crucifixion of Jesus
1. Crucify him!
2. Crucify him!
3. Hail, king of the Jews!
5. You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, come down from the cross and save yourself!
6. He saved others, but he can't save himself!
7. Surely this man was the Son of God!
1. Are you the king of the Jews?
2. Aren't you going to answer?
3. Do you want me to release to you the king of the Jews?
4. What shall I do, then, with the one you call the king of the Jews?
6. What crime has he committed?
7. Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?
8. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Pilate gave the body to whom?
M 15:45 Joseph
The Death of Jesus
But Jesus still made no reply, and Pilate was amazed.
1. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
come down from the cross and save yourself!"
And when they had mocked him, they took off the purple robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him out to crucify him.
Why was Pilate amazed?
M 15:5 But Jesus still made no reply, and Pilate was amazed.
2. Golgotha (the place of the skull)
When some of those standing near heard this, they said, "Listen, he's calling Elijah."
Some women were watching from a distance. Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joseph, and Salome.
Wanting to satisfy the crowd, Pilate released Barabbas to them. He had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.
Jesus Before Pilate
8. Mary Magdalene
13. Joseph (of Arimathea)