Flashcards in M 9 Study Deck (27):
for whoever is not against us is for us.
Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all."
The Way of the Cross
Jesus Predicts His Death a Second Time
As soon as all the people saw Jesus, they were overwhelmed with wonder and ran to greet him.
What was unbelieving?
9:19 You unbelieving generation," Jesus replied, "how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me."
Jesus Heals a Boy Possessed by an Impure Spirit
The voice from the cloud said what?
9:7 Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!"
"Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt among yourselves, and be at peace with each other."
1. Listen to him!
2. I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!
They left that place and passed through Galilee. Jesus did not want anyone to know where they were,
1. Why do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?
2. Why then is it written that the Son of Man must suffer much and be rejected?
3. What are you arguing with them about?
4. You unbelieving generation, how long shall I stay with you?
5. How long shall I put up with you?
6. How long has he been like this?"'
7. If you can'?
8. Why couldn't we drive it out?
9. What were you arguing about on the road?
10. Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again?
And he said to them, "Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power."
They kept the matter to themselves, discussing what "rising from the dead" meant.
When Jesus saw that a crowd was running to the scene, he rebuked the impure spirit. "You deaf and mute spirit," he said, "I command you, come out of him and never enter him again."
And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell.
1. (He did not know what to say, they were so frightened.)
Whoever Is Not Against Us Is for Us
Causing to Stumble
To be sure, who must come first?
For one who believes, what is possible?
9:23 "'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for one who believes."
Peter said to Jesus, "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters-one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah."
1. the worms that eat them do not die, and the fire is not quenched.