Flashcards in M 5 Study Deck (20):
Jesus Restores a Demon-Possessed Man
When they came to Jesus, they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid.
What healed the woman?
5:34 He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."
When he saw Jesus, Jairus did what?
5:22 Then one of the synagogue leaders, named Jairus, came, and when he saw Jesus, he fell at his feet.
1. In God's name don't torture me!
2. Come out of this man, you impure spirit!
3. Talitha koum!
4. Little girl, I say to you, get up!
But they laughed at him. After he put them all out, he took the child's father and mother and the disciples who were with him, and went in where the child was.
So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed.
While Jesus was still speaking, some people came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue leader. "Your daughter is dead," they said. "Why bother the teacher anymore?"
At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my clothes?"
Who begged to go with Jesus?
5:18 As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed begged to go with him.
They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes.
1. (which means "Little girl, I say to you, get up!")
2. (she was twelve years old)
Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.
1. What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God?
2. What is your name?
3. Who touched my clothes?
4. You see the people crowding against you, and yet you can ask, 'Who touched me?
5. 'Why bother the teacher any more?
6. Why all this commotion and wailing?
And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years.
Jesus Raises a Dead Girl and Heals a Sick Woman
And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.