Flashcards in Section III - Appendix E Deck (6)
High-rise buildings designed for human occupancy are of two basic types, _______________ or ________________.
residential or commercial
What are generally some characteristics of residential high-rise buildings?
* center hall corridors
* numerous interior compartments
* 24 hour occupancy
Commercial high-rise buildings are characterized by what?
- center core construction
- circuit corridors around the core and relatively larger, more open spaces
Is human population density usually greater in commercial or residential high-rise buildings?
commercial with greatest concentration during business hours
In event of a high-rise fire, danger to building occupants could develop from three sources?
- Direct exposure to the fire
- Panic or irrational actions under stress
- Exposure to smoke and products of combustion