Flashcards in Study Guide For Exam 2 Deck (44)
3 parts of cell theroy
1. a cell is the smallest unit of life
2. all living thing are made up of cells
3. all cells arise from previous cells
3 types of cells are?
How long ago did cells originate?
How long ago before we see the cells today?
3.5 billion years ago the 1st cell was discovored
2 million years ago we see the same cells as we see today
extreme salt conditions
grow in very little water
w or w/o o2
What is apoptosis?
cell death, self defense mechanism
Where is the ATP produced?
What is the equation for cellular respiration?
C6 H12 O6+O2->Energy+CO2+H2O
What is the equation for photosynthesis?
CO2+Energy+H2O->C6 H12 O6+O2
How many ATP total?
What are the steps of cellular respiration?
2. Krebs Cycle
Where does glycosis take place?
Where does the krebs cycle take place?
where does ect take place?
How many ATP does Glycosis yeild?
How many ATP does Krebs Cycle yeild?
How many ATP does ETC produce?
Steps of Apoptosis
1. Stimulus of cell internal/external
2. organelle membranes begin to break down dna is exposed mitochondria leak out & stop energy production ER releases its calcium
3. Activation of cytoplasmic enzymes destroy macromolecules riot within the cell enzymes attack one another
4. cell itself will tear itself into chunks flopsasis enzyme will break up the cell
What is the 1st step of apoptosis?
Stimulus. Internal/External - Initiation
What is the 2nd step in apoptosis?
organelle membranes begin to breakdown, dna is exposed. mitochondria leak out & enhance apoptosis. stops energy production er releases its calcuim
3rd step of apoptosis?
activation of cytoplasmic enzymes
riot within the cell
enzymes attack eachother