Flashcards in Supply economy Deck (43):
What is CSDP?
Command Supply Discipline Program
What is supply discipline?
The compliance with established DA regulations to effectively administer supply economy
What is the purpose of CSDP?
1) establish supply discipline as regulatory guidance2) standardize supply discipline requirements3) provide responsible personnel with a single listing of supply policy requirements 4) make the US army more efficient with respect to time spent monitoring subordinates actions5) eliminate repeat findings of noncompliance with policy6) serve as a checklist for internal management controls
What is supply economy?
The conservation of material by every individual dealing with army supplies to ensure that only the proper item in the necessary amount is used to accomplish the task
What term is synonymous with supply economy?
Stewardship of resources
When a soldier is stopping haste, waste, and abuse of supplies, what is he practicing?
Who is responsible for supply economy?
All those who deal with army supplies
What is a report of survey?
A document/investigation for recording the circumstances concerning the loss, damage, or destruction army property
If you lose or damage a piece of equipment and are required to pay for it, what is the action taken?
Statement of charges
What are expendable supplies?
Supplies that are expended in one use (paint, paper, fuel, etc)
What is the time constraint when initiating a "repot of survey?"
Within 15 calendar days after the discovery of the discrepancy
What is DA Form 4697?
Report of Survey
What does your signature establish when you sign a hand receipt?
Direct responsibility of the equipment
What should you do before signing a hand receipt?
Inspect the equipment for accountability and serviceability
How many classes of supplies are there?
What are the 10 classes of supply?
1) rations2) clothing and equipment3) fuels and lubricants 4) fortification material5) ammunition and explosives 6) personal items 7) major end items 8) medical supplies, minimal amounts9) repair parts10) miscellaneous supplies
What is the form number for a permanent hand-receipt?
DA Form 2062
How many days does it take to initiate a report of survey?
What are 4 ways you can be relieved from accountability of property?
Report of surveyStatement of chargesCash collectionTurn-in
When can army property be used for private use?
When authorized by HQDA
Can government property be sold, given as a gift, loaned, exchanged, or disposed of unless specifically authorized by law?
How long will army property be accounted for by formal records?
From the time of acquisition until the ultimate consumption or disposal of property
What does IMPAC stand for?
International Merchant Purchase Authorization Card
What is the limit for the purchases with an IMPAC card?
$2500 per transaction
According to AR 735-5 what does real property consist of?
- lands and structures- Capitol equipment- other nonexpendable supplies (all consumable and non consumable supplies)
What are 3 classifications for accounting purposes for all army property?
- expendable - durable- non expendable
What types of items require formal property book accounting at the user level?
Durable hand tools will be controlled at the user level using what procedures?
Hand receipt procedures
What is centralized accounting?
Accountability is maintained at a central location and the property is physically stored at other installations
How often will supplies and equipment in storage at supply activities be inventoried?
How often, at the user level, will all on-hand property carried on property book records and/or hand receipt records be inventoried?
Annually or at the change of accountable officers
How often will real property be inventoried?
Every 3 years or change of accountable officers
What is the minimum time that property records and adjustment documents be maintained?
What is accountability in terms of supply economy?
The obligation of a person to keep records of property, documents, or funds
What is responsibility in terms of supply economy?
The obligation of an individual to ensure government property and funds entrusted to his/her possession are maintained and cared for
According to AR 735-5, what are the 5 types of supply responsibilities?
1) command responsibility - obligation of the commander to ensure that all government property within his command is properly used and cared for2) supervisory responsibility - obligation of supervisors to ensure subordinates use and care for property3) direct responsibility - individual ensuring that property that he has received is properly cared for4) custodial responsibility - obligation of an individual for property in storage to ensure property is cared for5) personal responsibility - care for property in your possession
What units have property book accounts?
All units assigned parent organization UIC
What is a Stock Record Account (SRA)?
A formally established set of records and files used to account for US army property being held for issue
What form is a basic property record?
DA Form 2877 (Real Property Record)
What is the maximum monetary reward for the recovery of list army property?
What items carry a standard reward of $100 and a max of $500?
Aircraft, missiles, and vehicles/weapons/ammunition
Who is the approval authority for standard monetary awards?