Flashcards in 1007 Grooming and Clothing Standards (administration) Deck (9):
Who maintains this document.
Deputy Chief of Administration
An irritating, often painful condition, caused by ingrown hairs usually in the beard area.
What policy number is grooming and clothing standards?
What are the guide lines for short hair worn by uniform personnel?
a. Hair shall not extend below the bottom of the uniform shirt collar.
b. Hair may cover, but shall not extend below the bottom of the ear.
Is long hair permitted?
Longer hair for uniformed personnel is permitted provided it is secured at
a. Braiding and/or “pony tails” are acceptable means of securing hair.
b. Clips or pins nearly matching hair color may be used to secure hair.
For uniformed personnel, hair shall not stand up or extend more than?
For uniformed personnel, hair shall not stand up or extend more than two
(2) inches from the head.
What are the guide lines for Facial Hair for Uniformed Personnel?
3. Mustaches shall not extend laterally more than one (1) inch from the corner of the mouth and shall not extend more than one (1) inch below the corner of the mouth.
4. Facial hair immediately below the lower lip shall not exceed one (1) inch in any direction.
Mustache and facial hair shall not extend into the peripheral seal of the SCBA face piece.
What are the guide lines for Sideburns for Uniformed Personnel?
1. Sideburns shall be neatly trimmed.
2. Sideburns shall not extend below the bottom of the ear.
3. Sideburns shall not exceed more than one and one-half (1½) inches in width.