1. What is SIRS?
2. What happens when cytokines (IL-1B, IL-6, TNF-alpha) get into circulation?
3. What specifically (it's in the picture)
1. Systemic inflammatory response syndrome
1. What four parameters are used to diagnose SIRS?
2. How many of these parameters must be met for index of suspicion to go up?
1. temp; heart rate; RR; WBC (total, bands)
2. 2 or more
PIRO system - system of diagnosing SIRVS
1. SIRS + infection = ?
2. Is sepsis a clinical syndrome manifested by a deleterious host response to an infectious process?
3. What is the process? What is the response?
3. infection; sepsis
1. What is considered sever sepsis?
1. sepsis with evidence of organ dysfuntion (1 or more)
2. 2/4 SIRS criteria and (just look a t pic)
1. What is severe sepsis complicated by persistent hypotension refractory to early fluid therapy?
1. septic shock
take a gander at this
1. when bilirubin is raised in cats - is it a sign of sepsis?