Flashcards in Haz-Mat 19 (Lithium-Ion Energy Storage System) Deck (6)
Lithium-Ion response (NO FIRE OR SMOKE SHOWING FROM THE CONTAINER/CABINET ON ARRIVAL)
1. FDNY personnel must stay behind what?
2. Minimum distance from container/cabinet?
3. Minimum distance from container/cabinet exhaust fan opening?
4. Engine companies shall do what 3 things
5. Transmit what signal?
1. Any physical barrier surrounding the ESS
2. 50 ft
3. 100 ft
4 Secure a water source, stretch a precautionary hand-line, stretch supply lines to supply FDC (Cabinets may not have FDC serving the installation)
5. 10-80 Code 1 for Haz-Mat response
If FDC is located closer than 50ft from container/cabinet this area shall only be entered by personnel under the orders from whom?
If there is no rise in temp from the container or module comply with the following (5)
1. DO NOT charge the FDC water extinguishing system
2. DO NOT shut-down ESS
3. Ensure initial danger zone is enforced and maintained
4. Exhaust the container/cabinet (exhaust override switch at the FDC). Cabinet may not have exhaust systems.
5. Ask SME for guidance via telephone
Lithium-Ion response, confirmed fire/smoke showing from the container/cabinet. In addition to staying behind the physical barrier and adhering to the minimum standoff distances, what other 4 things must be done
1. SHUT DOWN THE ESS (Estop) at the FDC or inside the electrical room if ESS is supplying a building.
2. Engine company shall connect to FDC supplying the extinguishing system, charge water extinguishing system (flow-rates usually posted at FDC)
3. Use exterior lines to cool adjacent cabinets or exposures. Use NARROW FOG or STRAIGHT STREAM applications and maximum reach of stream if possible
4. Transmit 10-80 code 1
SME should be on scene within how many hours? FDNY personnel may open container/cabinet after the fire is what and after consultation from who?
After fire is extinguished and after consulting with the SME