1. Landmark structure for locating gallbladder?
(main lobar fissure???? AL quizlet)
2. Most common cause for acute pancreatitis
(I have biliary tract disease p 317- JL)
3. What is gerotas fascia
Surrounds true capsule, perinephric fat.
4. What condition is increase pressure within the portal splenic venous system
5. If you have a small hyperechoic pancreas with calcifications what is it?
6. What structure divides the left lobe into two segments
Left hepatic vein
left intersegmental fissure
7. cholecytokinin is stimulated when food reaches what structure
8. If a PT presents with back pain weight loss and jaundice what structure are we looking for something
9. What structure surrounds the liver?
Diaphragm, Glissons capsule
10. Fluid collection that contains bile
11. A liver pathology may have spenomegaly?
Cirrihosis portal hypertension
12. Enlargement of the gallbladder caused by obstruction is called what
13. RUQ nausea vomiting predisposed factors of what
14. Structure in the kidney that could be mistaken for an extrarenal pelvis
15. What structure is located anterior lateral portion of the pancreatic head?
16. Normal length of an adult spleen
17. What type of aneurysm is most commonly associated with a bacterial infection?
18. To aid and demonstrating and acoustic shadowing what can the sonographer do
19. Extensions of pancreatic inflammation into surrounding tissues what is that called
20. If you and elevation in Aldosterone what organ
21. What structure is commonly mistaken for the pancreatic duct
Splenic artery and vein
22. Main renal arteries arise from the later aspect of the aorta inferior to what
(JL pg 357)
23. Know the locations for the gallbladder?
Neck, Body, fundus
24. What is termed in outer bulge to the renal cortex
25. What is the congenital anomaly where you have fusion of both kidneys?
26. What are the functions of the spleen
Production antibodies,storage iron,
Culling, pitting, disposal abnormal RBC.
27. When you see a comet tail artifact in the gallbladder what are we looking at?
Adenomyomatosis pg 289 (BF)
28. Non shadowing amplitude low level echoes in the gallbladder?
29. What is accessory duct of the spleen called?
Accessory spleen or splenunculus pg 425 (BF)
30. What lab values will you asses in the renal function?
BUN and creatin
31. Pancreas lies in the lap of what structure
C-loop of duodenum
32. What is another name for the portal triad?
33. Congenital anomaly of the pancreatic head circling the duodenum?
34. What is the most common type of an abdominal aortic aneurysm?
35. Abd aortic aneurysm is present the diameter exceeds what
Greater than 3cm
36. Know the layers of the vascular system
tunica intima, Tunica media, tunica adventitia
37. Sono findings of acute hepatitis
Prominent portal vein border, slightly more echogenic parenchyma, hepatosplenomegaly,
GB wall thickened.
38. What is the most common benign tumor of the liver?
39. PT who has liver cancer are more likely to have had what?
40. The right left hepatic ducts emerge to form what?
Common hepatic duct
41. The normal sizes for CBD age relation
at the age of 6mm and every ten years it goes up. such as 70 is 7 and 80 is 8
42. What is inflammation of the gallbladder?
43. What hepatic mass is associated with oral contraceptives
Liver cell adenoma pg.258
44. Valves of heister are found where?
Neck of the gallbladder
45. Most common system with acute thrombus of the portal vein
46. Liver is suspend from the diaphragm and anterior ABD wall by what structure
47. Amembic abscess may enter the liver through what structure
48. What is the most malignant adrenal mass in peds?
49. What are the spaces called where fluid accumulates in the flanks of the ABD and pelvis
Sub phrenic, pouch of Dughlas ?
50. Typical symptoms PT with an abscess formation
Fever, tenderness, swelling, increased WBC, weakness
51. A cyst containing urine?
52. Normal length of the adult kidney
53. Know the criteria in order to call a gallstone a gallstone what must be meant
Mobile, strongly echogenic, acoustic shadowing
54. Know about the portal veins do they carry blood to the liver or away what do they divide on the liver deoxygenated or oxygenated
Portal veins carry blood from bowel to liver.
80% blood supply to the liver.
50% oxygenated blood supply to the liver.
55. Ecchonicoal cyst is more prevalent?
56. Fatty infiltration of the liver cause’s elevation of liver enzymes can be it reversed?
57. The most common location of adenocarcinoma of the pancreas?
58. What is the most common tumor of the pancreas
59. Where is the pancreas located?
60. Splenic vein and splenic artery where are they located in reference to the pancreas two questions
Splenic vein- posterior medial border of panc.
Splenic artery - superior border of panc.
61. Cystic mass between the umbilicus and the apex of the bladder what might it be?
62. Complex cyst that results from a parasitic infection what might that be called?
63. What is the most common cause for splenomegaly
Portal hypertension, splenic vein thromb
64. Pyonephrosis is what?
Purulent material in the collection system of the kidney association with an infection secondary to renal obstruction.
65. What is the condition where the portal veins are thrombosis
Budd chiari syndrome
66. What is the best description for a uretocele
Cyst- like enlargement of the lower end of the ureter which projects into the bladder lumen at the ureterovesical junction.
67. The splenic artery originates from what?
68. An area within an organ that has become necrotic due to the lack of oxygen what is that called
69. What artery do we see posterior to the IVC?
Right renal artery
70. Absence of one or more of the kidneys?
71. What are these structures in the portal confluence?
Superior mesenteric vein and splenic vien meet to form the main portal vein. pg. 195 (BF)
72. Know about the celiac trunk
The first branch off of the aorta lies anterior to the SMA
73. What is the space between the kidney and the liver?
74. Inflammation of the peritoneum
75. What is the most common cause for renal failure
Chronic renal disease
76. Most common malignant tumor of the kidney in Peds?
77. Benign fatty tumor of the kidney?
78. Most common location for pancreatic pseudocyst?