1. Landmark structure for locating gallbladder?
(main lobar fissure???? AL quizlet)
2. Most common cause for acute pancreatitis
(I have biliary tract disease p 317- JL)
3. What is gerotas fascia
Surrounds true capsule, perinephric fat.
4. What condition is increase pressure within the portal splenic venous system
5. If you have a small hyperechoic pancreas with calcifications what is it?
6. What structure divides the left lobe into two segments
Left hepatic vein
left intersegmental fissure
7. cholecytokinin is stimulated when food reaches what structure
8. If a PT presents with back pain weight loss and jaundice what structure are we looking for something
9. What structure surrounds the liver?
Diaphragm, Glissons capsule
10. Fluid collection that contains bile
11. A liver pathology may have spenomegaly?
Cirrihosis portal hypertension
12. Enlargement of the gallbladder caused by obstruction is called what
13. RUQ nausea vomiting predisposed factors of what
14. Structure in the kidney that could be mistaken for an extrarenal pelvis
15. What structure is located anterior lateral portion of the pancreatic head?
16. Normal length of an adult spleen
17. What type of aneurysm is most commonly associated with a bacterial infection?
18. To aid and demonstrating and acoustic shadowing what can the sonographer do
19. Extensions of pancreatic inflammation into surrounding tissues what is that called
20. If you and elevation in Aldosterone what organ
21. What structure is commonly mistaken for the pancreatic duct
Splenic artery and vein
22. Main renal arteries arise from the later aspect of the aorta inferior to what
(JL pg 357)
23. Know the locations for the gallbladder?
Neck, Body, fundus
24. What is termed in outer bulge to the renal cortex
25. What is the congenital anomaly where you have fusion of both kidneys?
26. What are the functions of the spleen
Production antibodies,storage iron,
Culling, pitting, disposal abnormal RBC.
27. When you see a comet tail artifact in the gallbladder what are we looking at?
Adenomyomatosis pg 289 (BF)
28. Non shadowing amplitude low level echoes in the gallbladder?
29. What is accessory duct of the spleen called?
Accessory spleen or splenunculus pg 425 (BF)
30. What lab values will you asses in the renal function?
BUN and creatin