Flashcards in Test 07 NEW Deck (20)
1. The Canadian Charter refers to ___________________.
a. Canada is formed upon government that recognizes the Gods and the rule of law
b. Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law
c. Whereas Canada is guaranteed all the society has better life and the freedom
d. Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize Catholic as Canadian law
2. What province is Canada’s navy base located?
a. British Columbia
c. Prince Edward Island
d. Nova Scotia
3. What three countries signed North America Free Trade Agreement?
a. Canada, Spain and Mexico
b. Canada, Japan and United States
c. Canada, United Kingdom and Unites States
d. Canada, United States and Mexico
4. The Acadians are the descendants of ______________.
a. British colonist
b. French colonist
c. Europeans colonist
d. Black loyalist
5. Which two groups of people have lived together in partnership and creative tension for more than 300 years?
a. French speakers and Aboriginals
b. English speakers and Aboriginals
c. French speakers and English speakers
d. English speakers and Americans
6. Immigrants bring in violence, extreme or hateful prejudices to Canada do not justify, why?
a. Because newcomers are expected to embrace democratic principles such as the rule of law
b. Because newcomers are expected to live in a harmony with the mainstream cultures
c. Because newcomers are expected to integrate the inhabitants of Canada
d. Because newcomers should observe the conditions applied to their immigration
7. Tecumseh and Robert Ross were involved in _______________.
a. The First World War
b. The Second World War
c. The War of 1812
d. The Korean War
8. What was Canada’s role in the Second World War began in 1939?
a. Canada with democratic countries to against Nazism
b. Canada with democratic countries to support Nazism
c. Canada took part in the military supplies and training
d. Canada defended bravery to protect its civilians
9. Which two enemies that Canada took part to against in the twentieth century?
a. Fascism and Socialism
b. Fascism and Communism
c. Nazism and Socialism
d. Socialism and Nationalism
10. What year did the Order of Canada start?
11. Which province in Canada’s most easterly point and has own time zone?
a. Prince Edward Island
b. Newfoundland and Labrador
c. New Brunswick
d. Northern Territories
12. The provinces of Ontario and Quebec are _____________.
a. Old provinces
b. Atlantic Provinces
c. Northern Territories
13. How is an Official Opposition Part selected?
a. Chosen by Prime Minister and Governor General
b. An opposition party with the most members in the House of Commons
c. An opposition party selected by all Canadian citizens whom they can trust
d. By leaders of provinces and territories
14. How do you vote in the Federal Election if you are outside of Canada?
a. Tell a family member or friend to vote twice
b. Register with Election Canada and vote by mail with a special ballot
c. Vote through internet
d. Vote by Email
15. A thirty six years old man took his citizenship oath last week, can he be a candidate?
a. Yes, he is a man and over age 18
b. No, his citizenship is too new
c. Yes, he is a citizen over age 18
d. No, he does not have driver license
16. When an earlier Federal Election can be called?
a. When the government is defeated
b. When the sovereign declare the government is failed
c. If the Prime Minister is deceased
d. At any time Canadians need a new government
17. National defense and Foreign Policies are the responsibilities of _________________.
a. Canadian parliament
b. Provincial governments
c. Federal government
d. The Municipal government
18. How can you avoid fear when you vote in the Federal Election?
a. Vote by mail
b. Go with a body guard
c. Wear a mask
d. By secret ballot
19. Why did Father of Confederation create two levels of government?
a. Because they created a new system of the country
b. Because the old system was out of date
c. Because it could create more position for high officials
d. Because the provincial and Federal government share powers