Flashcards in Test 03 NEW Deck (20)
1. A group of Aboriginals lives in a small, scattered community across the Arctic are ______________?
a. First Nations
2. Why trading with other nations are important to Canada?
a. Maintain the relationship of national affairs
b. To support third world countries
c. Fulfill the agreement of the United Nations
d. Maintain high standards of living
3. What was Canada's first financial institution?
a. The Royal Bank of Canada
b. The Toronto Dominion Bank
c.The Nova Scotia Bank
d. The Bank of Montreal
4. Who are the Black loyalists?
a. African people live in the British colony
b. Black Americans live in the central Canada
c. Freedmen and slaves came north seeking a better life
d. Black American citizens who loyal to the Great Britain
5. What is the World Heritage site of remains from Viking’s settlement in Newfoundland?
a. I’Anse aux Meadows
c. Peace tower
d. Parliament building
6. In 1943-1944 Canada took part in the liberation of:
c. South Korea
7. About one million of Canadians served the Second World War; how many were died?
a. More than sixty thousands
b. Forty four thousands
c. More than one hundred and ten thousands
d. About twenty four thousands
8. What are the colours of Canadian Flag?
a. Red and white
b. Red and green
c. Blue and red
d. Red and black
9. What is the significance of Hockey?
a. The second most popular spectator sport and National winter sport
b. A most player registered sport and National winter sport
c. the most popular spectator sport and National winter sport
d. the most popular sport inherited from Aboriginal people
10. What is the National Motto "A Mari Usque Ad Mare" in Latin means?
a. From land to river
b. From sea to sea
c. From land to sea
d. From sea to river
11. What river is the Quebecois living along?
a. Mackenzie River
b. St. Lawrence River
c. Fraser River
d. Lake Ontario
12. Canada has three territories and how many provinces?
a. Thirteen provinces
b. Eleven provinces
c. Ten provinces
d. Fourteen provinces
13. How is the new government formed after Federal Election?
a. The party with the most members and candidates
b. The party with the most Canadian citizens and members
c. The candidates with the most votes in the elections
d. The political party with the most seats in the House of Commons
14. What is the significance to vote by secret ballot?
a. Free to vote without intimidation then bribery and no pressure
b. Not to be announced by media immediately after the total count
c. Not to be questioned by election officer bout my choice
d. Avoid to be blamed by non chosen candidates
15. Whom do Canadians vote for in Federal Elections?
a. All candidates in their electoral district
b. Someone to become the premier of the province
c. Members of the House of Commons
d. The best speaker running the election campaign
16. Which government department responsible for disputes?
a. The Parliament
b. The House of Commons
d. The Courts
17. Which level of governments responsible for passing "By-Laws"?
a. The federal level
b. The provincial/territorial
c. The municipal level
d. None of the above
18. Whom do you pledge loyalty to when taking the Oath of Canadian Citizenship?
a. The head of the government of Canada
b. The Governor General of Canada
c. Presiding Judge of the ceremony
d. Queen Elizabeth II
19. A group of people established Canada known as:
a. Pioneers thinkers
b. Fathers of Confederation
c. Lieutenant Governors
d. Founders of Canada