Flashcards in Test 13 Green Deck (20)
1. What constitution protects Canadians' rights and freedoms?
a. The British North America Act
b. The Canadians Constitution
c. The Canadian Charter
d. The American Constitution
2. Canadian citizen’s responsibilities includes;
a. Obeying the law
b. Volunteering without pay
c. Protect our environment
d. All of above
3. What are the justice levels of Canada?
a. Justice Court, Supreme Court and Provincial Court
b. Federal Court, Provincial Court and Municipal Court
c. Supreme Court, Provincial Court, and Trial Court
d. Supreme Court, Federal Court and Provincial Court
4. Canadian's rights and responsibilities inherited from our history, ________________.
a. Secured by Canadian Institution, our shared tradition, identity and value
b. Secured by Canadian law, our shared tradition, identity and value
c. Secured by Canadian Charter, our shared tradition, identity and value
d. Secured by Magna Carta, our shared tradition, identity and value
5. Citadels at _____________ are the historic sites of Canadian defense system built during the war of 1812;
a. Halifax and Quebec city
b. Prince Edward Island
d. British Columbia
6. Which book did you study for the citizenship test?
a. The “Citizenship and Immigration guide”
b. The “Discovery Canada”
c. The “Discover Canada”
d. The “Discover Canada for Citizenship”
7. What is one of the objectives of Official Languages?
a. Promote equality of French and English in Canadian society
b. To secure Quebecois within united Canada
c. To maintain a solid relationship with French
d. Ensure the language “Act” works
8. Which of the following is NOT a right of Canadian citizenship?
a. The right to seek revenge if lost in the fights
b. The right to express their opinions to the government
c. The right to Assembly and Association
d. The right to live and work across the country
9. Whose portrait was shown on Dominion of Canada $1 bill in 1923?
a. Queen Victoria
b. Queen Elizabeth II
c. King George III
d. King George V
10. July 1st 1867 was the birth of “Dominion of Canada” that’s why we celebrate as Canada day every year.
11. Why the right and freedoms are important to Canadians?
a. It reflects our shared tradition, identity and value
b. It reflects our shared tradition, rights and equality
c. It reflects our shared tradition, freedoms and democracy
d. It reflects our shared tradition, peace and order
12. Which of the following is NOT a responsibility of Canadian citizenship?
a. Obey the law
b. Vote in the elections
c. Protects the environments
d. Be a home owner
13. What song is “Royal Anthem”?
a. Amazing grace
b. God save the Queen
c. British Anthem
d. Long live our noble Queen!
14. The "Constitutional Act 1791" divided the province of Quebec into _______________.
a. Old provinces
b. Lower Canada
c. Upper Canada
d. Confederation Provinces
15. What is the role of "Canadian Forces Reserves"?
a. Canadian rangers
b. Protects the country
c. They are coast guards
d. Soldiers of the Queen
16. Who was a Father of Manitoba and the leader of Metis?
a. Louis Riel
b. Sir Arthur Currie
c. Sir Sam Steele
17. Can women participate in "Royal Canadian Air Forces"?
a. No, only male Canadian citizens between ages 19 to 25
b. Yes, any women lives in Canada whose ages 16-25
c. Yes, women and men are equal under the law in Canada
d. No women are only protected to give births
18. Newcomers are expected to embrace democratic principles such as;
a. Presumption of innocence
b. Rule of the law
c. Be a member of parliament
19. When was the term “First Nation” used for Indians till today?