Flashcards in Test 14-B NEW Deck (20)
1. Canada’s openness and generosity do not extend to barbaric cultural practices that tolerate:
a. Spousal abuse
b. Honour killings
c. Forced marriage
d. All of above
2. Who plays the role to protect Canada?
a. Royal British army
b. Canadian Forces
c. Canadian Rangers
d. Royal Canadian Mounted Police
3. The US/Canadian border today is an outcome of which war?
a. The First World War
b. The Second World War
c. The Pacific War
d. The War of 1812
4. Canada is a member of world organization of WTO, NATO and UN.
5. The province of Ontario is
a. one third of Canada’s land
b. one third of Canada’s population
c. Two third English speaking people
d. Two third French speaking people
6. Manufacturing industries include:
a. Fishing high technology and mining
b. High technology equipment and aerospace
c. Government, tourism and forestry
d. Automobile and mining
7. Members of Parliament are elected by voters living in the same district:
8. Hockey is a most popular and national winter sport, it was developed in Canada in ______________
9. Atlantic provinces are including:
a. Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
b. New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec and Prince Edward Island
c. Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and British Columbia
d. New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Manitoba, Alberta and Quebec
10. What is the significance of “Women’s Suffrage Movement”?
a. Women achieve the right to work in school
b. Women achieve the right to be a candidate in the federal election
c. Women achieve the right to vote
d. Women achieve the right to join the forces
11. How can you vote during the federal election?
a. On the voting day
b. In the advance pool
c. By a special ballot
d. All of above
12. What is the significance of volunteering?
a. Help your neighbor to take care of children
b. Work for other people at home
c. Work for retirement home without pay
d. You must have two pieces of ID
13. Who is above the law in Canada?
a. The Judges and police
b. The Governor General
c. The Prime Minister
d. No one
14. A secret ballot means that no one can watch you vote, look at how you voted and insist that you tell them how you voted.
15. When was Dominion of Canada established?
a. After the amendment of Canadian Charter
b. 1867 after the British North America Act
c. After the beginning of democracy
d. After the battle of “the plain of Abraham”
16. What ensures you are free of “intimidation then bribery” when vote in the federal election?
a. Wear a mask
b. Vote by email
c. vote by phone
d. By secret ballot
17. What are the freedom of Canadian citizenship?
a. Freedom of religion, believe and assembly
b. Freedom to drive across the country without a driver license
c. Freedom to travel outside of Canada and bringing any item
d, Freedom to commit a crime outside Canada
18. Out of following which is not a responsibility of Canadian citizenship?
a. Be a house owner
b. Be a jury when required
c. Protect the environment
d. Be voter in the election
19. Black loyalist came to Canada long before Europeans.