Flashcards in Test 13 Deck (20)
1. What constitution protects Canadians' rights and freedoms?
a. The British North America Act
b. The Canadians Constitution
c. The Canadian Charter
d. The American Constitution
2. Which statement best describe Canadian citizen's responsibilities?
a. Respect the public and private property, buy property and own business
b. Learn both official languages, buy property and recycle newspapers
c. Obeying the law; take responsibilities for oneself and one's family and serving on a jury
d. Pledge loyalty to Canada, recycle newspaper, pay tax and carpool
3. What is Canada's highest court?
a. The Federal Court
b. The Provincial Court
c. The Trial Court
d. The Supreme Court
4. What did the Canadian's rights and responsibilities come from?
a. From American history after the war of 1812 that Canadians are entitled
b. From our history, secured by Canadian law, our shared tradition, identity and value
c. From British parliament secured by Canadian law, became our identity and value
d. From our constitution secured by the North American Act of 1867
5. What is NOT relationship of Canada and USA?
a. Canada export very little to USA
b. The biggest trading partners
c. Share a longest undefended border
d. Canada and USA are brotherhood
6. What is the "RCMP" today called in 1873?
a. THe Royal Canadian Mounted Police
b. The Royal Canadian Police
c. The North West Mounted Police
d. The Northwest Mounted Police
7. Who was the founder of the "Women's Suffrage Movement" in Canada?
a. Dr. Emily Stowe
b. Jacque Cartier
c. John A. McDonalds
d. Stephen Harper
8. Which of the following is NOT a a right of Canadian citizenship?
a. The right to seek revenge if lost in the fights
b. The right to express their opinions to the government
c. The right to Assembly and Association
d. The right of live and work across the country
9. Whose portrait was shown on Dominion of Canada $1 bill?
a. Queen Victoria
b. Queen Elizabeth II
c. King George II
d. King George V
10. A man/woman just immigrated to Canada, why they can work in the same jobs?
a. Because they have university degree
b. In Canada, women and men are equal under the law
c. Because they can speak fluent English
d. Because they are from United Kingdom
11. Why the right and freedoms are important to Canadians?
a. It reflects our shared tradition, identity and value
b. Canadians pay high taxes
c. An order from Queen Victoria
d. The policy of the government
12. Which of the following is NOT a responsibility of Canadian citizenship?
a. Obey the law
b. Vote in the elections
c. Protects the environments
d. Be a home owner
13. Which of the following is a sentence of Canada's National Anthem?
a. God Save our gracious Queen!
b. The true North strong and free!
c. Happy and glorious
d. Long live our noble Queen!
14. What was Canada's first financial institution?
a. Toronto Dominion Bank
b. Nova Scotia Bank
c. Bank of Montreal
d. The Bank of Canada
15. Who was a great frontier hero/Mounted Policeman and soldier of the Queen?
a. Sir Arthur Currie
b. Sir Sam Steel
c. Michelle Jean
d. Richard Blair
16. About six hundred thousands of Canadians served the First World War; how many died?
a. More than sixty thousands
b. About forty thousands
c. More than one hundred and ten thousands
d. About twenty thousands
17. Which is NOT a right that Canadian citizens can enjoy?
a. The right to apply for a Canadian passport and in and out freely
b. Being able to live or work anywhere in the country
c. The right to prevent expression of other people's opinion
d. The right to challenge unlawful detention
18. Which is NOT a responsibility of Canadian Citizenship?
a. Voting in federal elections
b. Learn both Official Languages
c. Be responsible for one's family
d. Protecting your environment
19. Who was Canadian invented the basketball?
a. Joseph-Armand Bombardier
b. James Naismith
c. Henry Woodward
d. The Aboriginals