Flashcards in Test 08 RED Deck (20)
1. What is the most east province of Canada?
d. New Brunswick
2. Service industries include:
a. Automobile, clothing, machinery, aerospace technology and equipment
b. Transportation, education, health care, communications, tourism and government
c. Forestry, fishing, energy, agriculture and mining
d. Education, communication, clothing and energy
3. Who was Dominion of Canada’s first Prime Minister?
a. Louis Hypoloytt LaFontain
b. John Graves Simcoe
c. Sir. John A. MacDonald
d. Agnes Mcphil
4. As an independent country, Canada took part in which four wars?
a. First World War, Second World War, War 1812, and Korean War
b. South African War, First World War, Second World War and Korean War
c. Korean War, First World War, Second World War and Pacific War
d. Pearl Harbour, First World War, Second World War and Afghanistan
5. Where did Duke of Wellington choose as the endpoint to defend Canada?
a. Halifax (Nova Scotia)
b. Bytown (Ottawa)
c. Toronto (Ontario)
d. Fredericton (New Brunswick)
6. Who was a navy pilot sank the Japanese warship in the Second World War?
a. Captain Billy Bishop
b. Lieutenant Alexander Robert Dunn
c. Sergeant Filip Konowal
d. Lieutenant Robert Hampton Gray
7. What is the "Canadian Pacific Railway" powerfully symbolizing?
a. Great convenience for transportation
b. To remember sacrifices of railroad workers
c. The unity of provinces and territories
d. The unity of east and west coast from sea to sea
8. Out of the following; which is Canada’s largest and busiest port?
a. The port of Vancouver
b. The port of Halifax
c. The port of Toronto
d. The port of Superior
9. Who was French served Canada's seventh Prime Minister?
a. Pierre de Monts
b. Sir Wilfrid Laurier
c. Samuel de Champlain
d. Charles de Salaberry
10. What was the first world organization that Canada joined since postwar?
a. North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
b. United Nation (UN)
c. World Trade Organization (WTO)
d. United States of America
11. What was Sir Alexander McDonald’s contribution to Canada?
a. Established Dominion of Canada
b. The Canadian Pacific Railway
c. Join the World Trade Organization (WTO)
d. North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
12. The "Banff National Park" is in the province of:
a. British Columbia
13. What is the role of Opposition parties in the parliament?
a. Peacefully oppose or try to improve government proposals
b. Run the government as long as they have the support
c. Run the federal government departments
d. Make important decisions about how the country should be governed
14. What is a Cabinet Minister?
a. Chosen by Governor General and appointed by the Queen
b. MPs chosen by the Prime Minister to run Federal Departments
c. By the Premiers of all provinces and appointed by Prime Minister
d. Chosen by voters and appointed by the Governor General of Canada
15. In the Federal Elections Canadians can vote:
a. At advance poll
b. On the Election Day
c. By special ballot
d. All of above
16. “Fathers of Confederation” means the representative established Dominion of Canada;
17. Out of the following; What are the responsibilities of Municipal Governments?
a. National defense, health care and transportation
b. Education, foreign policy and transportation
c. Health care, natural resources and transportation
d. Firefighting, Recycling program, and garbage disposal
18. What does Prime Minister responsible for?
a. Assign duties to each jurisdiction and meeting with premiers of each province
b. Assign daily duties to the ministers of federal departments
c. Preside the citizenship oaths
d. The operations and policy of the government
19. Who represents the Queen in federal and provincial government?
a. Prime Minister and premiers of each province
b. Cabinet Ministers and Members of Parliaments
c. Governor General and Lieutenant Governor
d. Senators and Prime Minister